Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Mar 6, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #6,932 of 9,882
Hi Justin:

Been trying to get a hold of you. I put a deposit down on a BHSE over a year ago and last Nov or Dec (2014) got a request for front plate color. I have emailed you a week or two ago and did not get a response. I also PM'ed you here on head-fi a few weeks back and again have not heard anything back I am just trying to check on my order? Please PM me and will send you my order Number again to check.

Thanks.

Gaetano

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #6,933 of 9,882

Today was the crowning ceremony
biggrin.gif

#placing the Blue Hawaii on top of my Headphone rig
and as you may see, i´m very very very happy!
# maximum enjoyment starts NOW!
L3000.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #6,936 of 9,882
  Nice Karl :)  You might want to put the BHSE PSU on top of the SRM-T1 instead of the other way around, just so it stays cooler. 

Might want to space them out a bit, too. get a bigger air gap between them that is.

Mar 7, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #6,938 of 9,882
Yes, thanks for the advice, i will not use the Stax amp for the near future so i store it in a box and let the BHSE power supply breath more!

Mar 8, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #6,939 of 9,882
Nice system, congratulations!

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #6,940 of 9,882
Hi, I am thinking about changing the fuse of my BHSE, any suggestion?  I found two 0.2A fuses in the PSU, but can I use 0.25A slow blow (hi-fi tuning) instead?  Meantime, is there any other fuses inside BHSE? Thanks!

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #6,941 of 9,882
  Hi, I am thinking about changing the fuse of my BHSE, any suggestion?  I found two 0.2A fuses in the PSU, but can I use 0.25A slow blow (hi-fi tuning) instead?  Meantime, is there any other fuses inside BHSE? Thanks!

Usually common sense (or the manual) would recommend to stick with the exact value of fuse that you need/want to replace. A 25% higher current is not a lot but there most likely there was a specific reason that Justin chose 0.20A at that particular spot in the circuit. I'd rather suspect he knows what he is doing to be on the safe side
rolleyes.gif

Mar 9, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #6,942 of 9,882

Why in the world would you want to do that? If the fuses aren't blown than leave them alone. 

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #6,943 of 9,882
  Usually common sense (or the manual) would recommend to stick with the exact value of fuse that you need/want to replace. A 25% higher current is not a lot but there most likely there was a specific reason that Justin chose 0.20A at that particular spot in the circuit. I'd rather suspect he knows what he is doing to be on the safe side
rolleyes.gif

+1 to above. Not just the current rating, but also whether fast or slow.

Janesch, I've had plenty to say about posh fuses for the BHSE, both in this thread and in the fuse rolling thread in the Cable&Accessories section. I'm not going to repeat it all here, as so many people get very upset about the very idea. Just search for my posts in these two threads and you'll get lots of answers - including to questions that you should be asking, like safety approval.
BTW, the BHSE has 4 fuses, but you should start with the 2 that you can easily see.

Mar 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #6,944 of 9,882

+I'm not going to repeat it all here, as so many people get very upset about the very idea. Just search for my posts in these two threads and you'll get lots of answers - including to questions that you should be asking, like safety approval.

Not upset, but maybe they just like a good fight technical discussion

Mar 9, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #6,945 of 9,882
In the distant past, I occasionally wandered into the Sound Science forum and got involved in "techical discussions". Still nursing the bruises :xf_eek:).
So I don't bother any more. Which is a shame, as there is much to learn there.

And fuses are even harder to defend from an objective standpoint than, say, cables. And yet... something is happening... that I can't explain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back