Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 27, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #6,916 of 9,891
  On point one, just check the for sale forum rules.

On point two, if you don't find much difference and are of the view that the 307 is the pinnacle minus the window dressing, then you are very very lucky (I have the 307 and quite like it, but the pinnacle it is not, to me at least). Though not sure why you ordered the bhse if you are building all these other amps that you are unlikely to discern any difference with.

Ah the forum, saving us from ourselves. 

On two I should say it differently, I mean that I see the lowly 307 as like an athlete getting the bronze metal. The 009/BHSE/whatever gets you to the gold. What's the difference between an olympic gold and bronze? A few milliseconds usually. Otherwise I said it above, I'm getting the top because it's not that insanely priced (compared to speaker-land) and, why not?

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #6,917 of 9,891
Ah the forum, saving us from ourselves. 

On two I should say it differently, I mean that I see the lowly 307 as like an athlete getting the bronze metal. The 009/BHSE/whatever gets you to the gold. What's the difference between an olympic gold and bronze? A few milliseconds usually. Otherwise I said it above, I'm getting the top because it's not that insanely priced (compared to speaker-land) and, why not?

Agreed, there is no better reason than "why not".

But using your Olympic analogy, it is more a comparison between the gold and the last placed athlete (and that would still be a generous stretch) - both are excellent athletes, but the two are simply not in the same league. The 007mk1 mk2 and the 009 would represent the echelon where milliseconds were the dististinguishing factor (with the mk2 being the obvious bronze holder). But if you feel the 307 is in the same echelon as 009 and 007 because the differences are photo finish in nature, then that certainly is a plus for your wallet.

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #6,918 of 9,891
Agreed, there is no better reason than "why not".

But using your Olympic analogy, it is more a comparison between the gold and the last placed athlete (and that would still be a generous stretch) - both are excellent athletes, but the two are simply not in the same league. The 007mk1 mk2 and the 009 would represent the echelon where milliseconds were the dististinguishing factor (with the mk2 being the obvious bronze holder). But if you feel the 307 is in the same echelon as 009 and 007 because the differences are photo finish in nature, then that certainly is a plus for your wallet.

Well I'll defer to your experience, I'm basically talking out my a** here as I haven't heard the 009 yet. But I've got one coming in the next week or two so will know soon enough, as I said these are my suspicions. To be truthful however, the thing that tipped me to get the 009 was a buddy told me they were way more comfortable than the Lambda series. The 307's push on my ear lobes uncomfortably (I can see the press marks when I take them off), so regardless the 009's will be a relief. 

I'll very likely pick up a pair of 007's to boot this year just to have a nice little collection, so then I'll really know the truth. I'll report back here my findings too. 

Edit: I should add that what I'm thinking here is the difference between great subjective changes which are the result of smaller objective changes. I suspect that the difference between say the 307 and the 009 is huge subjectively, because it goes that much further into the "uncanny valley". But on a purely objective basis one might have to conclude that the differences are much smaller. I can elaborate, but if that makes sense it's the basis for my ideas on this. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #6,919 of 9,891

Well I'll defer to your experience, I'm basically talking out my a** here as I haven't heard the 009 yet. But I've got one coming in the next week or two so will know soon enough, as I said these are my suspicions. To be truthful however, the thing that tipped me to get the 009 was a buddy told me they were way more comfortable than the Lambda series. The 307's push on my ear lobes uncomfortably (I can see the press marks when I take them off), so regardless the 009's will be a relief. 

I'll very likely pick up a pair of 007's to boot this year just to have a nice little collection, so then I'll really know the truth. I'll report back here my findings too. 

Edit: I should add that what I'm thinking here is the difference between great subjective changes which are the result of smaller objective changes. I suspect that the difference between say the 307 and the 009 is huge subjectively, because it goes that much further into the "uncanny valley". But on a purely objective basis one might have to conclude that the differences are much smaller. I can elaborate, but if that makes sense it's the basis for my ideas on this. 

I think you will be quite surprise that the difference/improvements will be very easy to hear.  The SR009 is an ultra revealing and one if not the most transparent headphones in the market.  You will be able to discern the sonic traits of each amp pretty easily.  I have Lambda Pro & Signature and the two are indeed quite good but they are no way as good and revealing as the SR009 for sure.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #6,920 of 9,891
One month ago, some friends of mine with absolutely no interest in audio tested my humble collection : Lambda NB, SR-007 mk1, Sigma Pro, SR-5, SR-X mk3, SR-5 Gold, Gamma Pro, SR-009...those latter were undoubtely kings of the wow factor. You should have seen their faces when wearing these, even after some pretty cool Stax's stuff 
smile_phones.gif

Ali

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #6,921 of 9,891
It´s here!
biggrin.gif

After 3 years, as i can remember ordered in early 2012, the package arrived in Germany.

P.S. Unpacking next week and for sure some Pic´s when i top the beauty on my Headphonestation.

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #6,922 of 9,891
  It´s here!
biggrin.gif

After 3 years, as i can remember ordered in early 2012, the package arrived in Germany.

Love to hear your impressions.  Pics will be great too!

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #6,924 of 9,891
By the way Justin,

You do contact people with shipping information so that they know when product ships and if it gets stuck at customs right?

I may have relocated by the time the amp is shipped so please contact me to confirm address / shipping method whenever this day happens.

Cheers, arnaud

Feb 28, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #6,925 of 9,891
  The people who are far away, i would appreciate unboxing photos/comments either public or private

i want to make sure that customs are properly repackaging the contents if they are inspecting them.

Justin can you please respond to my email when you have a chance. Seems like I am good to go now since there are folks who have been waiting much shorter times and are receiving their amps. Please let me know when you can, thanks.  

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #6,926 of 9,891
Amp came 25 Feb. All is fine !!! I am extremely extremely pleased.
Thank you Justin !!! good job !!!
Unfortunately, there is now the possibility to connect and listen.
I do not know how to add photos
Ivars.
Order Date: 2013
Received Date: Feb 25, 2015

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #6,927 of 9,891
The people who are far away, i would appreciate unboxing photos/comments either public or private

i want to make sure that customs are properly repackaging the contents if they are inspecting them.

If Ireland is far...it doesn't look like customs went anywhere near my box. It also went through the FedEx system pretty promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back