Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 31, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #6,691 of 9,890
As I mentioned in one of my posts Kevin, if I don't find the SR-003mk2's to be that comfortable, I'll see about getting custom sleeves done.
Then I'd be confident they would be very comfortable because my CIEM's are.

I rotate using SR-002 and TrippleFi 10's in the gym with my AK120.  I wear the 002's without the headband and they are comfortable for my 60-90 minute workout.  I'm not a big fan of the gym and I suspect any potential discomfort from the 002's would be masked by the more acute pain I feel elsewhere.  

Jan 1, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #6,695 of 9,890
Although I immensely enjoy listening to my 009/BHSE/K-01 ( since using the tubes I'm now using which I've mentioned probably too many times ), when the weather in the UK gets hot ( which isn't that often ) I prefer the comfort of my CIEM's, however because I much prefer the SQ from my 009's over my CIEM's, which one part of the comparison is the 009's give me an open sound, whereas my CIEM's compared to the 009's have a closed sound.
So I've ordered the SR-003mk2's to mostly use in hot weather, but hopefully give that open sound I get from the 009's.
I don't expect the SR-003mk2 to sound as good as the 009's, but used with my BHSE/K-01 the SQ should still be very very good. Time will tell.

Jan 2, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #6,696 of 9,890
Although I immensely enjoy listening to my 009/BHSE/K-01 ( since using the tubes I'm now using which I've mentioned probably too many times ), when the weather in the UK gets hot ( which isn't that often ) I prefer the comfort of my CIEM's, however because I much prefer the SQ from my 009's over my CIEM's, which one part of the comparison is the 009's give me an open sound, whereas my CIEM's compared to the 009's have a closed sound.
So I've ordered the SR-003mk2's to mostly use in hot weather, but hopefully give that open sound I get from the 009's.
I don't expect the SR-003mk2 to sound as good as the 009's, but used with my BHSE/K-01 the SQ should still be very very good. Time will tell.

Having cold weather headphones and warm weather headphones in the UK is like having specific headphones for Barry Manilow's Bell Records releases, i.e. the first 2. I'm in Dublin so I can hardly plead any different.

Jan 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #6,697 of 9,890
While "system interfacing and grounding practices are considered a black art" (http://svconline.com/mag/avinstall_pitfalls_audiophile_systems/), I apologize for having implied that my hum issues might have been exacerbated by the BHSE. 

*Now* the horse really is dead.  I had noticed an increase in hum when I otherwise happily added the BHSE to my primarily analog system some months ago.  Reversing some cables and balancing gains helped to mitigate the increased hum.  However, today, when I was fiddling with loading resistors for my Madake MC cartridge (all you tube rollers better stop snickering), I noticed that the level of hum was markedly dependent on the position of my Audible Illusions Modulus 3b!  After moving stuff around, I discovered that the culprit was indeed the power supply for the BHSE.  Moving cables physically (not electrically) made no difference.  Moving the BHSE wrt. the preamp made huge differences: 10-20dB.  (A brief period of playing with placement of a permeable brick, after I discovered the source of the hum, around the BHSE PS made no difference.)  So now, knowing the issue, I was able to arrange locations in my rack for hum lower than I had with the Stax T1, because, now, my phono cabling is optimized, too!

So, analog fans with a BHSE (are there any others out there?), should be cognizant of the placement of the PS wrt. their low-level signal paths.  (Apologies for the flip-flops.  I report 'em as I hear 'em.)

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #6,698 of 9,890
Good to know.  My BHSE/PSU is on a shelf separate from my other components, so I have never encountered this issue.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #6,699 of 9,890

Hello Justin

Some time ago (by the end of 2013), you wrote "hopefully i can get about half of this batch sent out in January."

I then answered (post #4417): "Good news, Justin! Especially if my BHSE is part of the sent pack.

P.S.: I hope you mean January of 2014?"

I thought it could be a funny question, having no doubt that the shipping would take place -and get completed- in 2014. I was wrong, and it's no fun at all. 

Happy new year t all Head-Fiers.

Jan 7, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #6,700 of 9,890

Hello Justin

Some time ago (by the end of 2013), you wrote "hopefully i can get about half of this batch sent out in January."

I then answered (post #4417): "Good news, Justin! Especially if my BHSE is part of the sent pack.

I thought it could be a funny question, having no doubt that the shipping would take place -and get completed- in 2014. I was wrong, and it's no fun at all. 

I thought folk here got told off for posting stuff like that here? I got told off for saying it was 'unfair' to be told by a poster that it should not happen. A ridiculous and stupid situation IMO.

What an insane way to run a company..... Glad I bailed....

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #6,701 of 9,890

Hello Justin

I thought folk here got told off for posting stuff like that here? I got told off for saying it was 'unfair' to be told by a poster that it should not happen. A ridiculous and stupid situation IMO.

What an insane way to run a company..... Glad I bailed....

Buyer's of certain amps from Headamp knew or should've known there might've been a long wait time before ordering.
That being the case then imo they shouldn't have ordered in the first place if they can't handle whatever that wait time would be.
But no they order then complain, then rather than complaining by sending a PM via head-fi or email, they have to do it by writing a post.

Jan 8, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #6,702 of 9,890
The problem is not whether most buyers knew the significant waiting period or not.

From phil's correspondence above, if it is as he says and it was nearing the end of 2013, the amp would already need to be assembled / on the burning rack to be shipped by Jan 2014. It's now Jan 2015 and it hasnt been shipped yet.

Why wildly overpromise something that you can't possibly commit to?

I dont mind the long wait, but if it's going to be delayed then just be upfront about it.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #6,703 of 9,890
The problem is not whether most buyers knew the significant waiting period or not.

From phil's correspondence above, if it is as he says and it was nearing the end of 2013, the amp would already need to be assembled / on the burning rack to be shipped by Jan 2014. It's now Jan 2015 and it hasnt been shipped yet.

Why wildly overpromise something that you can't possibly commit to?

I dont mind the long wait, but if it's going to be delayed then just be upfront about it.

Then why not send Justin a PM or email rather than post it, after all the only person that can do anything about it is Justin.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #6,704 of 9,890
Well judging from most posts, people have actually tried to reach Justin via email to no avail and this public forum is pretty much their last resort as Justin is fairly active here.

Jan 8, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #6,705 of 9,890
I agree with David but only to a point. If you place an order (for anything) and know there's a delay, then be prepare to go with it. However, the delivery times on the BHSE seem to be longer than initially stated. This is not good practice ! So David, Justin can not be defended on this , even though you continue to try and defend him. As you know, I recently bought the Teton. Pete is a full time Engineer,making the Apex units(I assume) in his spare time.I dare say he's not making quite so many as Justin but the 'test' would be, what he would do if he received more orders than he was able to supply in the short term. I suspect he would decline the orders or set up a 'production team' able to honour the orders in reasonable time.Don't forget David, members are allowed to voice opinions,just as you do on other threads, some of which may be sen by others as 'contentious' ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back