Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #6,601 of 9,899
Also if people don't have the space for a high end electrostatic amp but already have a full speaker system as the WEE has quite a small footprint.

Of course the BHSE sounds better but not by a huge margin….and in my opinion certainly not by a $6,000 margin !   A lot of my music listening is with Rock, Pop, R&B and occasionly some jazz and classical.   The WEE does a good job on these linked to my Chord Cyan Click linked balanced to my QBD76 DAC.  

Thanks for the writeup. I'm on the list for the BHSE, but that's a lot of money obviously. It's an odd situation when the amplifier costs more than the transducer.

I only listen to classical music however and am a classical musician, so am a junkie for clarity, detail, separation and neutrality. I also have the parts for a KGSSHV, any thoughts on that?

Also, does anybody know what circuit the Woo Wee uses? Looks like an isolation transformer with bias

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/woo-audio-wee-electrostatic-headphone-energizer-page-2

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #6,602 of 9,899
IMO while using the 009's with both amps they sounded much better with BHSE, but for those on a tight budget Woo Wee did sound pretty good, especially after Mark started using it in balanced mode.

When I said the BHSE sounded much better than the Woo Wee, that was while the BHSE was being used with my K-01, to which the Wee wasn't used with that source. If my source had've been used with the Wee it might've sounded even better.

IMO the K-01 is a remarkable source which is why I think that if anyone had the chance to hear my HD-600's with the Pico Slim connected to that source with it's ATT on, they'd be very surprised with what they heard.

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #6,603 of 9,899
When I said the BHSE sounded much better than the Woo Wee, that was while the BHSE was being used with my K-01, to which the Wee wasn't used with that source. If my source had've been used with the Wee it might've sounded even better.

IMO the K-01 is a remarkable source which is why I think that if anyone had the chance to hear my HD-600's with the Pico Slim connected to that source with it's ATT on, they'd be very surprised with what they heard.

A++   Yes David1961 100% agree.  

With your K-01 with the pico and HD600 it sounded amazing which proves that the source is the most important item in the chain !   

This is why I get a bit confused here on HeadFi.org with some members regarding having expensive headphones, very expensive amps and mediocre CD players and DAC's !  

Dec 14, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #6,604 of 9,899

Ha Ha I LIKE IT

Oh my God, is that person dangerous? Or is he an Abyss person?

Anyway, it is great design sense here, at least buyers can say they sound better than they look...

LOL….. Wow is that David1961 in his weekend night club gear :wink:  !  

That's probably similar to how I'd look if I was wearing the Abyss and 009's with their original headband, but not with the headband that's on my 009's.

Dec 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #6,607 of 9,899
Got my tracking number, its coming in a few days!  Should be a great weekend.

Thanks Justin.

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #6,610 of 9,899
I thought Justin is only shipping 230v these past few weeks? :s

I think its been a rough few months for Justin, finishing off 2 batches, handling a few units with issues, and starting up a new batch.  I think he is just getting the batch of 115v shipped out.  My unit supposedly went on the burn in rack about Oct 25, and is shipping this week.

Thats been the (expected) nature of this order.  Justin is just a person, has a real life, and is really trying to get everyone sorted out, and he is a perfectionist.  Patience is key for getting a BHSE, I knew it from the start, and have not had to post in the BHSE expectation depression thread.

I am totally stoked about getting mine in! (I think I am getting mine ~18 months from order) I have the space set aside, the cords are all plugged in and ready to go.

Dec 16, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #6,611 of 9,899
My #47 BHSE is back! It just arrived home today and run for 3 hours already. Hope that it is really fix this time. And yes. it is a 230V until~~

Also. I think this BHSE did some sound improvements too.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #6,613 of 9,899
Hang in there Maus, I've been on this train for 25 months and counting . I guess we aussies always get everything slower.

I was really hoping to getting it this Christmas as well, but I guess that has to wait.

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #6,614 of 9,899
glad to hear t1174, I am sure you are glad to have it back.

My FedEx delivery slipped a day this afternoon.  This is a tough season to be shipping. Not a problem, as I really won't have much time to play with it until Friday and the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back