Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Nov 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #6,302 of 9,882
  #86 arrived.  A new chapter of the journey awaits as box is still sealed while me tinkering with lever espresso machine for the moment.

Justin, perhaps one or two "fragile inside sticker" may remind someone along the shipping chain to handle with care as my box got damage to the outside as well.  Or... it may do just the opposite.  I am sure that full insurance is covered but it would be a pain to ship back and forth.

Btw, please reply to my pm/email sent a few weeks ago.

How's the espresso coming ? Has the tinkering worked out ?
wink.gif

As for the sticker :
I had a shipment coming in with 2 stickers : " Please don't drop. "
You may never know what sticker incites a rage in a guy who already handled already 500+ boxes that shift to drop that just to hear some crashing sound.
My box arrived spanking new, not a single dent anywhere. Shipped by UPS ground from Nevada to NJ.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #6,303 of 9,882
  Copper
biggrin.gif

Was this ever a real thing? I probably would have paid for that faceplate if I could imitate kondo in the comfort of my own listening station

I don't hate this dark gray/gunmetal finish though

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #6,305 of 9,882
Nice. Just received email from Justin about color choice. Which batch does that mean I am in? 2015?

Also feel free to start up death match on which is best color, I am leaning electric blue at the moment but I loved the purple I saw in person as it was more understated. Then again black is classic... Hmm

Received an email today from Justin too regarding colour choice for my BHSE....... Im slanting towards silver to go with my other Chord Electronics Choral HiFi system components !

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #6,306 of 9,882
I got the email as well.
I have gone for blue too :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #6,307 of 9,882
Nov 4, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #6,308 of 9,882
  Btw, would it be a good idea or bad to connect the BHSE power to an 1500W 120v uninterrupted power supply (UPS) directly?

Not a good idea.  UPSs restrict current, which will reduce the dynamic range.

I have my BHSE connected to a PS Audio P5 A/C regenerator.  You can connect a backup battery to that, but I don't think it's necessary as the P5 will provide surge and voltage fluctuation is not an issue.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #6,309 of 9,882

Not a good idea.  UPSs restrict current, which will reduce the dynamic range.

I have my BHSE connected to a PS Audio P5 A/C regenerator.  You can connect a backup battery to that, but I don't think it's necessary as the P5 will provide surge and voltage fluctuation is not an issue.

Is there a major difference between the P3 and the P5, other than $1k and a nicer screen on the front?

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #6,310 of 9,882

I just selected  Blue  to make my BHSE matches its name. 
biggrin.gif

I thought it is Blue Hawaii because of its iconic (not to mention Nobel Prize-winning) blue LED's... or not.

But seriously, who coined it Blue Hawaii and for what reason? Just curious about its etymology, is all...

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #6,314 of 9,882
  I believe Blue Hawaii is the name of a drink Kevin was having while on vacation in Hawaii.

Okay, so if my previous experiences with drinks in Hawaii holds up, this would be a bit of fruit juice, some artificial coloring, and a lot of rum. Great way to design an amp
beerchug.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #6,315 of 9,882

I believe Blue Hawaii is the name of a drink Kevin was having while on vacation in Hawaii.

Okay, so if my previous experiences with drinks in Hawaii holds up, this would be a bit of fruit juice, some artificial coloring, and a lot of rum. Great way to design an amp :beerchug:

It was sometime ago when I believe I saw that Kevin got the idea of naming the then amp he designed after a drink he had in Hawaii, so I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back