Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 13, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #6,121 of 9,899
  Do you get a special thank you letter from your local power provider in the month of burning in a new batch ?
biggrin.gif

i wish. so it looks like the electricity cost of running a BHSE non-stop for 7 days is $2

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #6,122 of 9,899
Makes me glad I'm running the Megatron 14 hours a day from the office

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #6,124 of 9,899
The xf2s have entered the building. I'll reserve final judgement once I've had them for a while, but first impressions put them to the top of the ones I've tried.

One slightly disconcerting thing is that one of the tubes has small flakes of some form of debris on the inside of the glass. These were visible on the ebay photo, but I assumed that it was packing dust on the outside. Oh well, the vintage route is not without risk. Doesn't seem to affect performance, and the balance/offset settings for the xf2s were in the same ballpark as for all my other tube changes.   

Oct 14, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #6,126 of 9,899
Looks like indoor X-Mas lights if you have a bunch of them together.  

That won't be Phil's as it seems to be black. :p  (Just pulling your string!  Relax, it is coming. )

Justin.  Thx for the reply but one thing still remain unanswered.  Please look into it.

Oct 15, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #6,127 of 9,899
  The xf2s have entered the building. I'll reserve final judgement once I've had them for a while, but first impressions put them to the top of the ones I've tried.

One slightly disconcerting thing is that one of the tubes has small flakes of some form of debris on the inside of the glass. These were visible on the ebay photo, but I assumed that it was packing dust on the outside. Oh well, the vintage route is not without risk. Doesn't seem to affect performance, and the balance/offset settings for the xf2s were in the same ballpark as for all my other tube changes.   

Thank you Attorney! We're waiting for your final assessment. Meanwhile, could you please publish pictures showing the specific markings (those which make it possible to identify the tubes)?

Best regards.

Phil.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #6,128 of 9,899
Sorry to go off at a tangent here, but when ordering the BHSE (or should I say when delivery gets nearer - will I live longer than the delivery day...?!), what things need to be specified - options and choices?

1. Volume pot - at deposit stage
2. Colour?
3. Type of feet?
4. Choice of tubes.

Is this it - have I missed anything??

Thanks

Lee

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #6,129 of 9,899
  Sorry to go off at a tangent here, but when ordering the BHSE (or should I say when delivery gets nearer - will I live longer than the delivery day...?!), what things need to be specified - options and choices?

2. Colour?
3. Type of feet?
4. Choice of tubes.

Is this it - have I missed anything??

Thanks

Lee

The list is exhaustive, if your order concerns batch #4. Previous batches included an output jacks option (2xStax or 1xStax, 1xSenheiser). You should specify the mains voltage (110 / 230), if it can't be deduced from the country you live in. Justin, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #6,130 of 9,899
Thanks Phil, yes I forgot those 2 things.

So 6 things then so far.

2. Colour?
3. Type of feet?
4. Choice of tubes.
5. Voltage
6. Output jacks

Oct 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #6,131 of 9,899
Justin

This is 3rd #1 - #10 ? you send out ten units each time ?
And please let me know if i miss any mail from you , because i never get any reply from JULY till now .
I am Derek , my mail "c m t k 9 - - 9 @ hotmail . com"

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #6,132 of 9,899
  Thank you Attorney! We're waiting for your final assessment. Meanwhile, could you please publish pictures showing the specific markings (those which make it possible to identify the tubes)?

Here is the seller's photo. The tube on the left has small specs, which looked to me just like specs of expanded polystyrene dust that attach themselves by static to almost anything. It's only when I received the tubes that I noticed they were on the inside. I'll check with the seller as well, but maybe a tube expert here knows what this may be?

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #6,133 of 9,899
  Here is the seller's photo. The tube on the left has small specs, which looked to me just like specs of expanded polystyrene dust that attach themselves by static to almost anything. It's only when I received the tubes that I noticed they were on the inside. I'll check with the seller as well, but maybe a tube expert here knows what this may be?

As a matter of interest, I sent an email to a reputable online tube reseller yesterday:

"If a tube has some small flakes of debris inside it, does that mean the tube is bad or will more than likely turn into a bad tube soon?

Is this usually the Getter material starting to peal due to lost vacuum pressure?"

Reply given back: Its just some oxide flakes off the filament or flakes off the internal micas, nothing to worry about.

Myself, as a precaution I would notify the seller to get some type of time limit guarantee in case something did happen to that particular tube.

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #6,134 of 9,899

Oct 15, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #6,135 of 9,899
Thank you Golfnutz for checking, I'm feeling better already. The tubes are guaranteed, whatever that means, but I'll check with the seller. I won't be able to listen again until the weekend - can't wait :xf_eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back