Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Oct 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #6,091 of 9,899
   As for the ones making threats, I would be inclined to refund their money and let someone else buy the amp...but that's just me. 
blink.gif
Can't imagine how much of a pain they will be down the road....
confused_face_2.gif

Sweet to see some people getting theirs!!!
beerchug.gif

"Sweet to see some people getting theirs"... I repeat my suggestion: people from batch #3 should notify Head-fiers as soon as they get their BHSE, specifying the order date. Such statistics are interesting.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #6,095 of 9,899
Hello Attorney

This is exactly what I was expecting you to do -although I totally trust Golfnutz' opinion. As soon as I get my BHSE, I will try to get such Xf2 OOs tubes. May I ask you where you ordered them?

Ordered about a week ago from US dealer greengirl613 via Ebay. They've cleared customs, so hoping that they will have entered the building by this weekend, else I'll have to wait another week, as I'm currently working away. I went for this particular set because all 4 were branded the same (Westinghouse), with same boxes and batch number B6A4, so I reckon they have a fighting chance of being well matched. And a not ridiculous price of just under $400 + shipping + duty. I've taken a chance with this - no idea how it will work out or whether I've been taken for a ride,

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #6,096 of 9,899
Ordered the Stax SR-009's today from PriceJapan.com.    

Now need to buy a Woo Wee to burn them in whilst my BHSE is being built. 

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #6,098 of 9,899
  I actually did the same exact thing a few weeks ago, I'm just hoping a nice home amp I have will sound good enough with the woo wee while I wait.

Ordered the Stax SR-009's today from PriceJapan.com.    

Now need to buy a Woo Wee to burn them in whilst my BHSE is being built. 

I do think it is a very good idea to get something decent to reduce the suffering while you wait.  There was a Liquid Lightning FS in the Amplifiers for sale not long ago.  

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #6,101 of 9,899
I have a new SR-009 coming with the BHSE (soon now I am hoping).  I plan to let them grow up together.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #6,102 of 9,899
Im not too bothered how the Woo Wee with the SR-009's will sound…..just want to have the 009's ready for when my BHSE is delivered.  Would be a great bonus though if they do sound good.   They have a fighting chance as I will be running them off one of the Chord Electronics Mezzo 140 amps with the Chord Electronics Blu CD Transporter and QBD76 DAC as my source ! 

Also if my GS-X Mk2 arrives earlier this will reduce the suffering time :wink: when linked with the HD800's using the same source as for the Woo Wee & 009's

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #6,104 of 9,899
Yes the price of the 009's from PriceJapan.com was just too good to ignore !

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #6,105 of 9,899
Damn you Jonesy, gotta keep up with you! Lol

Just ordered my own SR-009 from PriceJapan. Been watching prices lately, and the price has started going up over $100 in the past week. So, I bit the bullet and ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back