Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #5,133 of 9,902
I agree, this is the BHSE thread so everything that's written should only be about the BHSE, trouble is, most of the posts I see about the BHSE are complaints about the wait time.

"Back to the BHSE itself" isn't a sign of bad mood, just a way to introduce my question -that maybe you can answer? Regarding complaints about the wait time, I think some of them are legitimate.

May 6, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #5,134 of 9,902
If you look at the headamp pictures removing the bottom plate is the best way to look at what's going on inside. I'm guessing the top side should just have the tube sockets which are soldered to the PCB and offset/balance pots. I think Justin took precautions so that you would never have to remove the top plate.

May 6, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #5,135 of 9,902
  If you look at the headamp pictures removing the bottom plate is the best way to look at what's going on inside. I'm guessing the top side should just have the tube sockets which are soldered to the PCB and offset/balance pots. I think Justin took precautions so that you would never have to remove the top plate.

on the 2nd batch of BHSEs, you do have to remove both the top and bottom because of the location of some washers on the bottom of the amp. on the 1st batch, and the one being finished now, this is not an issue. i had done that because i had run out of work to do and wanted to mount standoffs so i mounted them to the bottom panels rather than mounting them to the circuit board, which i didnt have yet

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5,136 of 9,902
I agree, this is the BHSE thread so everything that's written should only be about the BHSE, trouble is, most of the posts I see about the BHSE are complaints about the wait time.

"Back to the BHSE itself" isn't a sign of bad mood, just a way to introduce my question -that maybe you can answer? Regarding complaints about the wait time, I think some of them are legitimate.

Sorry, but because a few of the posts written before the post you did weren't about the BHSE, I thought you were having a go at those posts, my apologies.
Regarding posts written about the wait time, I find there are a lot of posts written complaining about that. Most if not all know there'll probably be a long wait when they order either the BHSE or GS-Xmk2, and yet some still have to complain. If they don't like the wait time, then don't order.

Because I'd never unscrew anything on the BHSE, or any of the audio equipment I have, I'm not bothered about trying to find out.

May 6, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #5,137 of 9,902
Regarding posts written about the wait time, I find there are a lot of posts written complaining about that. Most if not all know there'll probably be a long wait when they order either the BHSE or GS-Xmk2, and yet some still have to complain. If they don't like the wait time, then don't order.

I knew the wait on a GS-X would be a while. It was estimated at 3 months. I knew this would not be right so I was expecting double that, now I'm at 14 months, the last 6 months of which they've been 'almost done, just laser engraving' or 'just need to put the panels on and test'. At this point I can't trust any status update except a shipping notice. I realize there have been supply setbacks, and Justin is trying to balance a huge BHSE order along with his other business and attending meets and still having a life, but when the product is 5x overdue it doesn't really make me feel any better. I can't imagine waiting over 2 years for a BHSE like some here.

Perhaps Justin is trying to do too much all at once?

May 6, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #5,138 of 9,902
I knew the wait on a GS-X would be a while. It was estimated at 3 months. I knew this would not be right so I was expecting double that, now I'm at 14 months, the last 6 months of which they've been 'almost done, just laser engraving' or 'just need to put the panels on and test'. At this point I can't trust any status update except a shipping notice. I realize there have been supply setbacks, and Justin is trying to balance a huge BHSE order along with his other business and attending meets and still having a life, but when the product is 5x overdue it doesn't really make me feel any better. I can't imagine waiting over 2 years for a BHSE like some here.

Hold in there tight and you will be reward greatly man.  I took the following combo (X-Sabre > GS-MKII > HD800) to the recent ATL meet and everyone was very impressed by it.  Those who auditioned my rig commented on how amazing the GS-X MKII sounds together with the HD800.  Hopefully, Justin will be able to deliver yours soon.

May 7, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #5,140 of 9,902

When I was waiting for my BHSE, the wait time didn't bother me because I knew I'd eventually get it, but seeing the complaint posts written by some, obviously they don't think the same. I would think in Justin seeing the complaint posts will probably put him under a lot more pressure, so why not just leave him to finishing the BHSE's and GS-X's.

May 7, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #5,141 of 9,902

i'm trying to balance getting the current batch of amps out with being able to continuously provide work to employees which means getting some stuff ready to go for the next batch - otherwise, when the current ones are done, there will be no work, and the wait time will be longer. Unfortunately all of the parts required to complete 2 years worth of BHSEs and a year of GS-X mk2 ended up getting here at the same time. But both of these are at 90% completion. a truck load of custom packaging materials for these will be arriving in the next 2 weeks. i had to lease an additional space just to store it. and then they will start shipping very quickly

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
May 9, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #5,143 of 9,902
Hello Justin

The euro is at its highest against the dollar (~1.4)! It's time you sent the request for the payment of the remaining! And too bad if I still have to wait one year or two (18 months at this time)...

I believe you don't need to wait for a request for the remaining payment, I think you can send it anytime.

May 9, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #5,144 of 9,902
lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back