Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Mar 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #4,786 of 9,899
I just sent my new dCS Vivaldi transport back to the UK for repairs and even though they paid shipping and it only took 2 weeks, it was a rather disconcerting experience.  I recall there are special issues with the t1174 BHSE, but 10 months must be excruciating !

Mar 18, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #4,787 of 9,899
But there is a good news. Mr. Justin just PM me that my BHSE will not be repair but replace the PCB. It is true that the troubleshoot are excruciating too. As Justin memtion that this particular BHSE have also burn out again.  

Mar 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #4,789 of 9,899
  But there is a good news. Mr. Justin just PM me that my BHSE will not be repair but replace the PCB. It is true that the troubleshoot are excruciating too. As Justin memtion that this particular BHSE have also burn out again.  

Yup, I can definitely relate to that! When I built my Blue Hawaii, it was working great for a day then something went boom. Spent about five days troubleshooting it, it seemed that every piece of silicon was shot and replacing part by part just lead to more dead stuff. Started over with two new boards and it's been going strong for about two years. Never did figure out quite what happened there.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #4,790 of 9,899
Over the next couple weeks i will be sending payment requests for 80% of this batch of BHSEs. the remaining 20% will come once things are sorted out.

Approximate order date cut-offs for the 80%: June 24 2013. for the remaining 20%: October 28 2013. This, of course, assumes no cancellations when I ask for the rest of the payment. If I assume 10% cancellations then the dates shift to August 15 2013 and February 4 2014.  Other orders would be in the 4th batch which is underway now in parts sourcing. Also if there are any cancellations then the next orders would have to either choose from the available color/volume control/h.p. connector combinations or wait until the next batch. As it stands right now it looks like i will be several units short on silver due to changing orders while the parts were being made.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 19, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #4,791 of 9,899
Over the next couple weeks i will be sending payment requests for 80% of this batch of BHSEs. the remaining 20% will come once things are sorted out.

Approximate order date cut-offs for the 80%: June 24 2013. for the remaining 20%: October 28 2013. This, of course, assumes no cancellations when I ask for the rest of the payment. If I assume 10% cancellations then the dates shift to August 15 2013 and February 4 2014.  Other orders would be in the 4th batch which is underway now in parts sourcing. Also if there are any cancellations then the next orders would have to either choose from the available color/volume control/h.p. connector combinations or wait until the next batch. As it stands right now it looks like i will be several units short on silver due to changing orders while the parts were being made.

Thanks very much for the update Justin. Will the people whose BHSE is delayed be notified? .....Would there be any way for those affected by the delay to change a specification so that they receive their amp sooner? Thanks.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #4,792 of 9,899
I hope there is no need for anyone to make cancellation. But wishfully I like my 2013 post-Christmas order to move earlier. 
dt880smile.png

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #4,793 of 9,899
I recently put down my deposit on a BHSE.  Given the wait time, not sure if I should put in order for headphones and use other amplification, or wait closer to the date of delivery of BHSE.  Out of curiosity, for those of you in on the current batch or waiting on order, I have two questions:

1) What electrostatic headphones do you have now (if any)?  Curious if you bought the headphones or basically waited/waiting until your BHSE order is closer to being done?

2) Assuming you have electrostatic headphones already, what amplification are you using with them currently until your BHSE arrives?

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #4,794 of 9,899
007mk1 x 2, SR-307

kgsshv, meagertron, SRM-323S

There are probably better threads to discuss general electrostatic headphones and amplification though.

I should add I think it's a bit of a disservice to the BHSE if you don't try out the amplification that is considered below (and above) it. It's a nice design and Justin is handling the tricky bits (i.e. testing and casework).

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #4,795 of 9,899
  I recently put down my deposit on a BHSE.  Given the wait time, not sure if I should put in order for headphones and use other amplification, or wait closer to the date of delivery of BHSE.  Out of curiosity, for those of you in on the current batch or waiting on order, I have two questions:

1) What electrostatic headphones do you have now (if any)?  Curious if you bought the headphones or basically waited/waiting until your BHSE order is closer to being done?

2) Assuming you have electrostatic headphones already, what amplification are you using with them currently until your BHSE arrives?

Might as well start you DAC search.

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #4,796 of 9,899

So, in other words, you are asking us the question, "What would you do differently if . . . . ?".

In my situation I would have got my hands on a good dynamic amp earlier on, and ordered tubes, electrostatic headphones closer to the time of the BHSE arrival.  If you could pick up some used gear on the trading forums at reasonable prices you wouldn't be out that much when you resold them.  Or, maybe get a Head Amp GS-x Mk 2  which will hold much of it's value when you trade up.  I never owned electrostatics before so I can't comment about that.  Starting your DAC search is good advice anytime. 

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #4,797 of 9,899
I think I am okay on dacs. I have some older external dacs lying around from stereo system and will probably try out oppo via balance and chord hugo as sources. Might get a msb analog which buddy mine selling cheap and basically new.

Just trying to figure out hold off on headphones until bhse is closer to completion. Or get other amp to use in meantime and get headphones now. Negative is that will lose something on amp. Maybe woo wee to use with some stereo amps I have lying around or something else.

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #4,798 of 9,899
This sounds like something that belongs in the stax thread

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #4,799 of 9,899
This sounds like something that belongs in the stax thread

Not really as really just asking how "soon to be" owners of bhse handled it. But I guess the audience that can answer this question is limited.

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #4,800 of 9,899
With this batch of BHSE's shipping soonish, I guess it's about that time to start thinking about how I'm going to hook this stuff up. Anyone have cable recommendations or advice on the best way to connect an Invicta to the BHSE? XLR or RCA?

Also what cables does the BHSE come with? Are there any other adapters or cables needed to use with the 009s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back