Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 20, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #8,221 of 9,890
Get either metal (if you have isolation pucks) or both. I believe ordering replacement metal spikes costs far more than $80, so it doesn't make sense to only get the rubber.

I believe the rubber feet are also of uniform size, so if you're going to have the amp and PSU on the same surface the PSU will effectively be taller than the amp. The metal spikes for the PSU are slightly shorter so everything is level on the same surface.

I'd personally use the rubber feet on a daily basis (and do), but the metal spikes look significantly more classy.

May 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #8,222 of 9,890
I got my bhse today and all I can say I am 100% happy. Great job Justin! First time I hear 3d like sound from my 009 after couple hours burn in! And IMO 009/bhse is not bright setup even using stock tubes (havent tried el34ph yet which i already have) I use my uncle's audio gd dac at this moment but i will try ear 192 dac before making final decicion.. I have a plan to buy neko audio dac because it has analogue, distant, black background type of sound which i like and i cant afford lampizator, audionote, totaldac, msb.... One advice for you guys who still wait, be patient and you will be revarded!

Ps. Sorry about my bad english.. Hope you all get it..

May 20, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #8,223 of 9,890
I use my uncle's audio gd dac at this moment but i will try ear 192 dac before making final decicion.. I have a plan to buy neko audio dac because it has analogue, distant, black background type of sound which i like and i cant afford lampizator, audionote, totaldac, msb....

If you're on a budget, why don't you join the many happy owners pairing their BHSEs with the venerable Yggdrasil?

May 20, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #8,224 of 9,890
--> Is Metal + rubber better than Metal or Rubber ?  Which do you recommend ?  how do they look ?  
-->  Has someone heard the Shuguang Treasure L34  ?  Are they a worthy upgrade ? How will you describe it's sound signature versus the stock Mullard EL34 ?

thanks in advance for your advices

The rubber probably cancel out vibrations better (and probably protect the underlying surface from scratching). The metal feet look better....

No idea about the sound of the Shuguang Treasure. I've been wondering about these myself, but then I remember the reliability of these Mullard tubes are rather impossible to beat.

May 20, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #8,225 of 9,890
I was just looking at HeadAmps site and noticed that the Aristaeus is actually available...I thought this amp was discontinued a long time ago? Can anyone with experience give a brief description of its sound-signature with the 009 compared to the BHSE/009? Also, why isn't  there any talk abut this amp like the BHSE? I'm just curious.
Thanks

May 20, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #8,226 of 9,890
Are you switching from BHSE to Aristaeus? 
eek.gif

May 20, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #8,227 of 9,890
  Are you switching from BHSE to Aristaeus? 
eek.gif

No, no…I just thought it was discontinued for a long time even though HeadAmp stills showed it on their site (like the GS-1) and I'm wondering why there isn't any talk about it like the BHSE.
And also it sound-signature. Real curious because every body is after the BHSE and I really never read/heard much about the Aristaeus…so why? 

May 20, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #8,228 of 9,890
For the same reason for which there is not much talk about the GS-1 and you mentioned it yourself.
Both are discontinued and the website hasn't been updated in ages because there are more important things for Justin to take of.
wink.gif

As clarified by Justin further down: Aristaeus is available.

May 20, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #8,229 of 9,890
  For the same reason for which there is not much talk about the GS-1 and you mentioned it yourself.
Both are discontinued and the website hasn't been updated in ages because there are more important things for Justin to take of.
wink.gif

No, it seems to be available. Its in my shopping cart and [size=x-small]I can proceed to PP checkout and after I log in to PP the invoice shows Aristaeus Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier $995.00 (for 1/4 payment) "pay now" shows as well. Its available for purchase because the GS-1 says "sold out" and the Aristaeus [/size]doesn't, and[size=x-small] when I clicked on the GS-1 the Pico amps automatically appear.[/size]

May 20, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #8,230 of 9,890
   No, it seems to be available.
 I can proceed to PP check out and the PP invoice shows Aristaeus Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier $995.00 (for 1/4 payment) and PP allowed me to log in/view and "pay now" for it. Its available for purchase because the GS-1 says "sold out" and when I clicked on the GS-1 the Pico amps automatically appear.

It's not a mistake.

http://www.headamp.com/electrostat_amps/index.htm
 The Aristaeus began as an extremely limited edition amplifier for electrostatic headphones in 2005, and has returned by popular demand for another limited release.  The latest edition features numerous improvements in parts and build quality.

I asked a while ago and it's available.

I'd probably consider it if Justin added balanced inputs, but that would require reworking the topology AFAIK.

May 20, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #8,231 of 9,890
  It's not a mistake.

http://www.headamp.com/electrostat_amps/index.htm
I asked a while ago and it's available.

I'd probably consider it if Justin added balanced inputs, but that would require reworking the topology AFAIK.

Thats the first thing that I noticed as well, it didn't have balanced inputs.
Thank you.

May 21, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #8,234 of 9,890
quote name="justin w." url="/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/8220#post_12596253"]The Aristaeus is actually in stock right now. i have 1x 115V and 1x 230V available. It is RCA input only. The circuitry converts to balanced using tubes. Balanced inputs would be a different amplifier.
[/quote]

Just wondering if there are any ready built 230v BHSE which are unspoken for or last minute cancelled by the purchaser? :grin:

May 21, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #8,235 of 9,890
  The Aristaeus is actually in stock right now. i have 1x 115V and 1x 230V available. It is RCA input only. The circuitry converts to balanced using tubes. Balanced inputs would be a different amplifier.

thanks Justin.  And how does it sound compared to the BHSE ?  What is the sound signature difference ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back