Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jan 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #4,576 of 9,902
Yeah - I was just playing along.  I know color means nothing...
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #4,577 of 9,902
The blue and purple are quite striking.  

Justin, I'm not sure if it's something you "reveal" or not, but can you say how large the current run is?  There are more panels there than I expected to see!!

Jan 17, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #4,578 of 9,902
  The blue and purple are quite striking.  

Justin, I'm not sure if it's something you "reveal" or not, but can you say how large the current run is?  There are more panels there than I expected to see!!

i have to get a lot of extra panels because not all of them will be useable or can get damaged during assembly. also orders change. so if i have 5 orders for blue, i should have 8 good panels, so i really should order at least 12. next time, there is going to have to be an additional cost on the colored panels

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jan 17, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #4,580 of 9,902
Hello Justin

Thanks for the follow-up. From the moment I ordered my BHSE, I specified several times my options (color, feet, tubes, jacks...) But I realize this was manifestly premature. Now that the shipping time seems to get closer, I suppose you will send an official form where options can be specified, and from which the total price to pay is computed. Am I right?

Of course, people who already got a BHSE can answer my question regarding this final order form, if it exists.

MAny thank to all at Head-fi

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #4,581 of 9,902
Hi Justin,

How close are we from the shipping?  I don't mind waiting but just want to have an idea.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #4,583 of 9,902
^ I will pay the required $10 for a solid copper faceplate, please sign me up justin thanks

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #4,584 of 9,902
Although I'm very happy with my 009 / BHSE, if I see something that might possibly improve on what already IMO sounds amazing, I can't resist ( when I've the spare money ) getting that something, which in this case it's a quad of Psvane EL34PH.
When I first read about them I was considering getting a quad, but their reliability was somewhat of a put off, however I read good things about Grant Fidelity so that's where I've just placed an order.
Like with all audio equipment, if it's not possible to audition it, we have to trust others thoughts, and I'm doing that with the Psvane EL34PH.
So I'll find out whether what's been written about them is just hype, or if they do actually make an improvement.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #4,585 of 9,902
Although I'm very happy with my 009 / BHSE, if I see something that might possibly improve on what already IMO sounds amazing, I can't resist ( when I've the spare money ) getting that something, which in this case it's a quad of Psvane EL34PH.
When I first read about them I was considering getting a quad, but their reliability was somewhat of a put off, however I read good things about Grant Fidelity so that's where I've just placed an order.
Like with all audio equipment, if it's not possible to audition it, we have to trust others thoughts, and I'm doing that with the Psvane EL34PH.
So I'll find out whether what's been written about them is just hype, or if they do actually make an improvement.

David, no doubt in my mind you will hear an improvement right way. Other than Audioseptic (couldn't hear any differences), everyone else has only said positive things about them, with the exception of reliability. Any idea when they're expected to arrive?

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #4,586 of 9,902
David, no doubt in my mind you will hear an improvement right way. Other than Audioseptic (couldn't hear any differences), everyone else has only said positive things about them, with the exception of reliability. Any idea when they're expected to arrive?

Just after placing the order, I received an email saying I might possibly have them in 5 days ( excluding weekends ) , also in that email it said I'll get a tracking number in a couple of days.
While I placed the order from Grant Fidelity, the email I received was from Audio for Less ( Hong Kong ) Limited which apparently is a strategic partner of Grant Fidelity.
Because of that, I'm hoping if I do have a problem with the EL34PH's like some have, I can sort it out with Grant Fidelity.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #4,587 of 9,902

Anxious to here your thoughts.  I'm in the same boat with the audio stuff I buy.  It's usually blind and based heavily on others' feedback and thankfully I have yet to be severely disappointed.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #4,588 of 9,902
It will be interesting to hear if there's an improvement in SQ from using the EL34PH, but for me, unless the SQ difference is huge, the only way to tell if there's any difference between using the EL34PH and another quad of EL34's, which in my case is the SED's, is by using two BHSE's.
I'm sure those that hear better SQ with the EL34PH, do so, but I need to hear for myself because I got some tube dampers after reading good reviews about them, and ever though I have those dampers on my BHSE, to my hearing I can't hear any difference between using them and not.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #4,589 of 9,902
It will be interesting to hear if there's an improvement in SQ from using the EL34PH, but for me, unless the SQ difference is huge, the only way to tell if there's any difference between using the EL34PH and another quad of EL34's, which in my case is the SED's, is by using two BHSE's.
I'm sure those that hear better SQ with the EL34PH, do so, but I need to hear for myself because I got some tube dampers after reading good reviews about them, and ever though I have those dampers on my BHSE, to my hearing I can't hear any difference between using them and not.

What is it that you don't like about the system thus far? What do you think is missing - some body?

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #4,590 of 9,902
What is it that you don't like about the system thus far? What do you think is missing - some body?

I'm very happy with how my 009 / BHSE sound using the SED tubes I have, but if I was nit picking, I suppose the SQ ( to my hearing ) is slightly thin sounding, so I guess some extra body might improve the sound somewhat. Whether the EL34PH's will do that I won't know until I've heard them, but even if I can't hear any difference, at least I won't have to buy anymore tubes for sometime because I'll still have the SED's and the tubes that came with the BHSE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back