Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #4,546 of 9,902
  You mean backwards and upside-down?

Congrats anyway. Hows your DIY BH going?

Yeah, upside down. Meant to say that but dint think it was worth going back to edit it.

BH? Going? It's sitting in a box or three - half finished.
Had a heart attack a few months ago. Still recovering, doing rehab.
Possible additional surgeries in the future. Building amps is the last thing on my mind.
Thanks for askin!

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #4,547 of 9,902
Does anyone in Southern California have a BHSE that would be interested in bringing it to a mini-meet this Friday, 1/3, in Irvine? I know it's a long shot because of the short notice, but we are looking to do an electrostatic amp "shoot out" and thought it would be more complete if we had a BHSE there too. Let me know if you know anyone who might be willing to participate with their BHSE.

We have a new prototype Russian electrostatic amp/DAC that we will be comparing.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks,
-Darin

I would think having a BHSE there is mandatory not optional. How can you do a proper shoutout without one?!

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #4,548 of 9,902
I would think having a BHSE there is mandatory not optional. How can you do a proper shoutout without one?!

Yes, I know! But I can't find anyone with one. @n3rdling is coming, but his BHSE is not working at the moment. Any ideas who I can hit up?

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #4,551 of 9,902

he hasn't bought a BHSE from me and i haven't been contacted about a repair?

Sorry, I mis-understood n3rdling. I realize now he did not mean BHSE. He must have meant his "Blue Hawaii (Spritzer Build)" as listed in his profile. 

Sorry, my bad!

Jan 1, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #4,552 of 9,902
Quote:livewire
  Had a heart attack a few months ago. Still recovering, doing rehab.
Possible additional surgeries in the future. Building amps is the last thing on my mind.
Thanks for askin!

Sorry to hear this.
Will pm you.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #4,553 of 9,902
Boy-O-Boy, I sure took a dump on this thread and scared everyone away!
Sorry for crapping on your thread Justin, I am sure that you have been enjoying the peace and quiet.
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #4,554 of 9,902
Already posted these pics before but I was going through my photo gallery and thought I'd re-post for the current buyers waiting for theirs. I remember writing that I'd never part with my BHSE, oh how wrong I was on that.
redface.gif
Even got rid of the CD player too....

Forgot that I'd taken this pic too. A whole lot of HeadAmp goodness there with the Gilmore Lite, GS-X MK1, BHSE, & KGSS.
wink.gif

All told a nice trip down memory lane.
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,555 of 9,902
  Already posted these pics before but I was going through my photo gallery and thought I'd re-post for the current buyers waiting for theirs. I remember writing that I'd never part with my BHSE, oh how wrong I was on that.
redface.gif
Even got rid of the CD player too....

Forgot that I'd taken this pic too. A whole lot of HeadAmp goodness there with the Gilmore Lite, GS-X MK1, BHSE, & KGSS.
wink.gif

All told a nice trip down memory lane.
smile.gif

so you kept the gilmore and sold the BHSE or already had the gilmore? 

Jan 12, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #4,557 of 9,902
so you kept the gilmore and sold the BHSE or already had the gilmore? 

I actually sold everything in that pic and re-acquired another Gilmore Lite.

Asr, Anything look familiar? Plinius sounds good with Headamp amps. In my case, the Gilmore Lite while I wait and save for my BHSE.

Very nice setup you have there, glad you like it.
wink.gif
I've been curious about the EAR HP4 for a long time, maybe I'll get a chance to hear one someday.

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #4,559 of 9,902
  Psvane EL34PH is knocking the crap out of the Shuguang 6CA7-Z. It's not even close. Better everything, not more, just way better. What a perfect match for the BHSE. Hoping someone else will take the plunge to give they're opinion. The changes weren't suppose to be this noticeable.

Interesting. I read your post last year, and since then I have gone through (2) dead, shorted PSVANE Type II EL34. I don't have my Amplitrex any longer, so I am just guessing they shorted, but they also acted like they were in a runaway state. I was sent a replacement from the seller at my cost for shipping, and same problem about 2 weeks later. My Mullard re-issues from upscale meanwhile, perform flawlessly and bias much better in my Decware amp.

I just picked up some vintage Tesla OO getter and I may try these replicas....just gotta find a seller who actually screens and tests tubes properly!

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #4,560 of 9,902
  Interesting. I read your post last year, and since then I have gone through (2) dead, shorted PSVANE Type II EL34. I don't have my Amplitrex any longer, so I am just guessing they shorted, but they also acted like they were in a runaway state. I was sent a replacement from the seller at my cost for shipping, and same problem about 2 weeks later. My Mullard re-issues from upscale meanwhile, perform flawlessly and bias much better in my Decware amp.

I just picked up some vintage Tesla OO getter and I may try these replicas....just gotta find a seller who actually screens and tests tubes properly!

Sorry to hear that.

Actually, the tubes I use are the Psvane EL34PH (still the same quad as last year), not the Type II.

Grand Fidelity does do testing prior to shipping from China (I believe they have the Amplitrex as well, it mentioned on their site somewhere).

This is why I don't recommend buying Shuguang or Psvane from Ebay, seems to be way too many failures for all their tubes, not just the EL34's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back