Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 24, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #2,251 of 9,902
Just curious - which preamp were you using for the BHSE and how did it sound when compared to using the BHSE alone, especially with the 009?

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #2,252 of 9,902
Here is the video that shows how to do the DC voltage adjustments to the BHSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-obcsljIBxI

i made this video when I happened to have someone here to help hold the camera, unscripted, so hopefully it's clear enough.  i noticed that the view of the Stax headphone jack is not very clear at times, if someone has the video-editing ability to insert the Stax jack pin-out image into the video at the appropriate times that would probably be very helpful -- please let me know

^ Plus ASR's detailed instructions is very helpful. Thank you.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #2,253 of 9,902
Quote:
Here is the video that shows how to do the DC voltage adjustments to the BHSE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-obcsljIBxI

i made this video when I happened to have someone here to help hold the camera, unscripted, so hopefully it's clear enough.  i noticed that the view of the Stax headphone jack is not very clear at times, if someone has the video-editing ability to insert the Stax jack pin-out image into the video at the appropriate times that would probably be very helpful -- please let me know

Justin, does the same thing have to be done when changing tubes on the Aristaeus, if so could you do a video on that ?

Thanks !

Dave.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,255 of 9,902
Quote:
I just started working on the next (and last) 8 BHSEs from this batch -- the previous 8 mentioned in this thread are still burning in.

That will be the end of the parts from the 2nd batch, and I am still gathering all the components for the 3rd batch.

Thanks dude for the update!!! Really looking forward to it.

Jul 28, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #2,256 of 9,902
I'd like to thank Justin for doing the video on changing tubes with the BHSE. However, I was advised by a member of head-fi that with the BHSE, changing tubes can be done even without having to make any adjustments. Because of my curiosity I decided to fit a quad of SED EL34's I'd just got [ somewhat nervously ], and I have to say the SQ was amazing, a little bright maybe but I was still pleased. When I get a multimeter I'll still make any adjustments needed, but I'd like to thank the headier for his advice to whom I'm sure everyone knows who that was.

Jul 28, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2,257 of 9,902
Quote:
Justin, does the same thing have to be done when changing tubes on the Aristaeus, if so could you do a video on that ?

Thanks !

Dave.

Yes there is, Justin showed me how to do this when I purchashed the Aristaeus. Although it's not as simple because the probes don't go in the headphone jack pins and you have to hold and adjust using both hands at the same time with the top cover off. After you've done it a couple times it really is easy but I'll let Justin show or tell you how to do it specifically. Gary

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #2,258 of 9,902
Quote:
Yes there is, Justin showed me how to do this when I purchashed the Aristaeus. Although it's not as simple because the probes don't go in the headphone jack pins and you have to hold and adjust using both hands at the same time with the top cover off. After you've done it a couple times it really is easy but I'll let Justin show or tell you how to do it specifically. Gary

Thanks Gary, I'm very happy with the BHSE I've had just over two weeks, but I ordered the Aristaeus because I want a slightly different sound when listening to my 009's, plus the Aristaeus is a gorgeous looking amp and will look great positioned at the side of my BHSE's amp section.

Jul 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #2,259 of 9,902
Quote:
Thanks Gary, I'm very happy with the BHSE I've had just over two weeks, but I ordered the Aristaeus because I want a slightly different sound when listening to my 009's, plus the Aristaeus is a gorgeous looking amp and will look great positioned at the side of my BHSE's amp section.

I'd really like to hear what you think of the amps with the 009. The Aristaeus was really voiced for the HE90's and that's where it excels especially compared to the 007, IMO. The same can be said for the BHSE with the 007 compared to the HE90's on the same amp. It'll be interesting to see if the BHSE drives the 009's as well as the 007's, or if the Aristaeus can drive the more nimble 009's with any ease. Gary 

Jul 28, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #2,260 of 9,902
Since getting the BHSE just over two weeks ago, I've learnt some of the songs I listen to have to be played at low volume, while others I put quite loud. With the Aristaeus having less power than the BHSE it might be suited for those I have to listen to at low volume with the BHSE. While I've heard the best headphone for the Aristaeus is the HE90, I can't see it making the 009's sound bad but I'll find out when I have it. About the 007's being the best headphones for the BHSE, I got to listen to both the 007's + 009's and out of the two I preferred the 009's at the right volume, but I like detail and transparency from an headphone which the 009's are very good at producing.

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #2,261 of 9,902
Do any grey BHSE owners have pictures to share? Silver and Black are popular but the only picture of a grey model i found is the one on HeadAmp's website.

Aug 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,265 of 9,902
Quote:
Hooray for living on the east coast!  Next-day delivery with FedEx Ground!

Thanks Justin.

congratulations!  i know someone who is working from home tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back