Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 19, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #166 of 9,899
You guys are making me wonder when the heck will my order even get started!
eek.gif
 Dug, did you mean you placed your deposit since 2008 and never got asked to pay the rest in full since then?

What batch am I in anyway? It seems that there is a batch of 10 undone judging from the replies here...Justin did mention to me that there was no queue/waitlist

May 19, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #168 of 9,899

Quote:
You guys are making me wonder when the heck will my order even get started!
eek.gif
 Dug, did you mean you placed your deposit since 2008 and never got asked to pay the rest in full since then?

What batch am I in anyway? It seems that there is a batch of 10 undone judging from the replies here...Justin did mention to me that there was no queue/waitlist

I just placed my deposit in november 2008 and Justin never asked me to pay the rest in full. Last summer I sent some e-mails (2 or 3) to Justin because I wanted to pay him the totality of the sum (The euro was strong). No answer.

May 19, 2010 at 1:00 PM Post #169 of 9,899

Quote:
No, it's not, but is 8/30/09 two and a half years ago?

How about Dug's deposit?He mentioned that he placed it back in November 2008,but never heard anything till now....surely that means something.

I hope to God that I'll get something 6 months from now. Makes me wonder how many orders are before mine haha...or can mine be started with the likes of jhellows and anders? 

May 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #170 of 9,899
You can count me among the waiting, though I took the place of another person in the queue so my wait hasn't been quite as long as others.

I am willing to wait a bit longer, though I do wonder if anyone has tried recently to get out of the queue and get a refund and faced resistance.  That, ultimately, would be the BIG concern.

May 19, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #171 of 9,899

Quote:
You can count me among the waiting, though I took the place of another person in the queue so my wait hasn't been quite as long as others.

I am willing to wait a bit longer, though I do wonder if anyone has tried recently to get out of the queue and get a refund and faced resistance.  That, ultimately, would be the BIG concern.

Justin should be fine with that, I'm not really worrying about the refund.He is a reliable person to deal with in regards to returns/refunds.

What I'm really curious about is Larry-you guys have been waiting so long....is there anyone out there who has ordered as recently as me?

I trust Justin's words on being 6 months for those who order now and took the plunge. But man, so many people are waiting and have been waiting for that long, it just makes me wonder, when is mine going to really get started on, after you guys are done?

May 19, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #172 of 9,899
It would be a good thing to know how many persons exactly are still in the list and in which order ?
So I'm waiting one KGBH SE and I just payed the deposit in november 2008.

Who else ?

May 19, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #173 of 9,899

Quote:
It would be a good thing to know how many persons exactly are still in the list and in which order ?
So I'm waiting one KGBH SE and I just payed the deposit in november 2008.

Who else ?

Yea that would be nice, just like a list for Pico-slim pre-orders. I don't even know where I stand on the list! I don;t mind the wait, but I definitely need a realistic expectation on it.

How about this Justin? At least you won't have the buyers of the BHSE bugging you like what the people over at the pico slim thread are doing 
o2smile.gif

May 19, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #174 of 9,899

Quote:
No, it's not, but is 8/30/09 two and a half years ago?

Play nice,,LOL

n_maher... I am sorry. I just wondered if Justin had changed the case.. I did re-read my post and see "it sounded" as if I was challenging your comment.. I wasn't.. (I also want you to know I have,, much respect!! for your comments here on head-fi) 

For the record,I am not trolling this thread.

If you look at my other posts. I have been making inquiries about Electrostatic headphone for awhile now. .
(Every since Aaron got his Blue Hawaii ,)

,I have been thinking about putting a deposit on a Headamp. BHSE.  I am just trying to get a read on how long of a wait there is,, and if there is a legitimate reason for the long delays. 

This is whats keeping me from ordering anything from Headamp.. Its not custom cases, complex design, being a perfectionist,, he needs someone to run his business. 

Edit, added 5/20/10
Quote:
For the record qusp, I completely agree with you.  A combination of complete lack of communication, and updates that don't happen and the slower than expected/advised construction times, are making it harder to take.

I personally don't feel that it is unreasonable for a customer who is paying for a product to expect a little bit of communication in return. There is a reason why people spend over $1000 on earphones with JHAudio and are willing to wait for them.  Yes they sound great but everyone who has dealt with them seems to agree that the service they provide is amazing.  With my experience it was simply their service that made me order the JH16's over the UE18's.   

So despite everyone saying - just be patient, I think it is fair to say that we have been patient for a few months now.  With an initial shipping date of February, I'm now not going to be getting my slim till likely July.  

I understand that it is hard work, but maybe it would be better if Justin didn't say things like - I hope to ship by February, or I hope to build 50 a week, or I will update tonight, if he isn't actually going to be able to do it.    If he had said that shipping will start in April but you may not get yours till July, I still would have paid the money for what I believe will be an awesome product, and I wouldn't feel quite as unhappy with the whole waiting situation.

Anyway that's my 2 cents. 

May 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #175 of 9,899

Play nice,,LOL

n_maher... I am sorry. I just wondered if Justin had changed the case.. I did re-read my post and see "it sounded" as if I was challenging your comment.. I wasn't.. (I also want you to know I have,, much respect!! for your comments here on head-fi) 

For the record,I am not trolling this thread.

If you look at my other posts. I have been making inquiries about Electrostatic headphone for awhile now. .
(Every since Aaron got his Blue Hawaii ,)

,I have been thinking about putting a deposit on a Headamp. BHSE.  I am just trying to get a read on how long of a wait there is,, and if there is a legitimate reason for the long delays. 

Mark,do it! so at least I know there's someone who ordered around the same time as me and we can encourage it other while waiting it out LOL

May 21, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #176 of 9,899
If it helps, I put my money down on March 3rd - and I'm sure you'll never guess how long he said it would take :wink: 

Quote:
Mark,do it! so at least I know there's someone who ordered around the same time as me and we can encourage it other while waiting it out LOL

May 21, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #177 of 9,899

Quote:
If it helps, I put my money down on March 3rd - and I'm sure you'll never guess how long he said it would take :wink: 

Pray tell please, almost 2 months already since your deposit in March LOL...Will mine be made with yours?Justin told me that there's no queue/waiting list, but yet I see more and more names popping up, waiting for their turn. SIGH.

Is it even possible that Justin set aside some time dedicated especially to finishing home based amps and basically clearing the backlog?

6 months is fine, but beyond that is stretching it a little too far, since the final design of the BHSE has been put in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back