Head-Supremus: Real or Myth?
Aug 29, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #976 of 1,055
Ok 1. stop with the "Nothing to see here. Move along......" and 2. Its pretty sad that their are so many noobs (sorry, i had to say it) that had made Head-Fi so jumbled that they've had to take on measures un-known to Jude when he first started Head-Fi.

I've gotta say something. I think you're in that same club. So many people here have useless posts that don't contribute and have turned this into one big social forum, with hints of audio. When I'm browsing trying to find real information, I find tons of post by you that are totally irrelevant and obviously meant to jack up your post count.

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #977 of 1,055
Nothing to see here. Move along......
Quote:
I've gotta same something. I think you're in that same club. So many people here have useless posts that don't contribute and have turned this into one big social forum, with hints of audio. When I'm browsing trying to find real information, I find tons of post by you that are totally irrelevant and obviously meant to jack up your post count.

Horror of horrors, who'da thunk it coul'da happen?

Who's responsible for this mess?

deadhorse.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #979 of 1,055
Have you guys thought about reading up on audio, learning something and then helping out? Maybe building an amp?

If you're tired of content-free posts, then step up to the plate.

There's an incredible amount of nonsense and ridiculous claims around here. Learn a bit, ask the hard questions and call them out.

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #980 of 1,055
Quote:
Have you guys thought about reading up on audio, learning something and then helping out? Maybe building an amp?

There's an incredible amount of nonsense and ridiculous claims around here. Learn a bit, ask the hard questions and call them out.

That is the next step. 

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #981 of 1,055
Lately my post have all been about how people are animals, movie ratings, or complaints. I am overrated and the Headphone Supremous title just gives me a bigger head. I used to post about how much Ipods sucked, how vinyl sounds better than CDs, that headphone burn in is real, that cables and interconnects do in fact matter and change the sound of your set up, etc. But I leave that to the younger generation now :). I am getting too old for this :) 

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #982 of 1,055

Quote:
I used to post about how much Ipods sucked, how vinyl sounds better than CDs, that headphone burn in is real, that cables and interconnects do in fact matter and change the sound of your set up, etc. But I leave that to the younger generation now :). I am getting too old for this :)

I feel your pain....
To have people disputing about how their headphones sound different to someone else's, and you find one has a stock cable while the other has an alternate cable, and yet they don't see that one place amongst others where the difference is coming from. 
basshead.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #983 of 1,055
Considering the ubiquity of some of the entry gear (Fiio, M50 etc) there is common ground for "noobies" to wage war. It's when members step up to the next tiers that the myriad of options results in the existential (read pointless) debates. Many don't account for these variables and the lessons to be learned are often drowned out by the ruckus.

Aug 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #988 of 1,055

Quote:
What the hell does this even mean? It's posts like this that sheds an unflattering light on the Supremi Brotherhood. I propose you be disbarred and stripped of privileges for this indiscretion!
popcorn.gif

All of the posts that have had to make Head-Fi reprogram itself to handle this type of mass population which has cost some of the well known icons of Head-Fi to disappear.

Quote:
I've gotta say something. I think you're in that same club. So many people here have useless posts that don't contribute and have turned this into one big social forum, with hints of audio. When I'm browsing trying to find real information, I find tons of post by you that are totally irrelevant and obviously meant to jack up your post count.

Good to have someone on my side, i can just Google what my question is with Head-Fi at the end, and get some answers. Dont need to start 10 of the same threads with one word differences.

Quote:
Yes, Wink stopped repeating him/herself. To abuse the famous Uncle Erik quote is simply not amusing nor pleasant.

x2, its getting pretty annoying, and its cheating if you look at the point of view of getting your post count up. If i really wanted to, i could answer all of these questions in different reply's, but i dont. Even UE i think is getting annoyed of the "Happy Birthday".

Quote:

I dont really know how to solder or anything yet, i know of plenty of engineer's that do this, but im kinda the side man, and i wouldn't want to wast their time teaching me. Cables are even simpler to learn...

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #989 of 1,055

Quote:
I dont really know how to solder or anything yet, i know of plenty of engineer's that do this, but im kinda the side man, and i wouldn't want to wast their time teaching me. Cables are even simpler to learn... 

Soldering is easy.
Soldering properly can be extremely hard at times. Some parts need a little preparation such as components with nickel plating, or old components with dirty/corroded leads.

Start with something like a Starving Student and you will get the bug when it works - usually first try if you take a little care in watching things like orientation of components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back