Jun 5, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #678 of 1,055
Mai Tai has competition......
Quote:

cropped-ericmug.jpg

SciGuy

A science blog with Eric Berger

« A bit more on genes and cancer | Main | Talking with a living legend »

Cloned cats, and now … Franken-dog?

Lunch alert! Don’t read this if you’re working on a sandwich at your desk…
According to this report, Scientists at the University of Pittsburgh have put dozens of dogs to sleep. Dead. No breathing, no heartbeat, no brain activity. Then the scientists pumped the dogs full of ice-cold saline solution, and then, up to three hours later, revived them by putting new blood in their veins and shocking their heart.
Most of the zombie dogs, apparently, are no worse for the wear. However, Mary Beth Sweetland, a spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, told the New York Post:
“These experiments are indefensible nonsense and the results for humans will be negligible. I would also imagine there are serious consequences for these animals that aren’t discussed.”
The scientists say their aim is truly beneficial:
“(Our) goal is to be able to put humans, such as critically wounded soldiers or stabbing or shooting victims, in a state of suspended animation for a few hours until they can receive proper medical help.”
I’d say the fur is just beginning to fly with animal activists and this particular study…

Jun 5, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #679 of 1,055
Jun 5, 2011 at 4:09 AM Post #680 of 1,055
Got some sad news today. Last night, Gypsy got hit by a car and is no longer with us.

We think she was Mai Tai's sister. Poor kitty. I found her in the same alley and took her in. My cousins went nuts over her and I gave her to them. Gypsy was born after Mai Tai, but they looked a lot alike and were frighteningly alike in personality. Just awful. Gypsy loved their little doggie and snuggled with them every night. At least Gypsy had lots of love and attention the short time she was around. I've just been sick about this. Gypsy was an ideal fit and cuddled with them every night.

Mai Tai is fine, but it makes me sad. While I had Gypsy, they used to curl up together at night.

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #684 of 1,055

Quote:
Got some sad news today. Last night, Gypsy got hit by a car and is no longer with us.

We think she was Mai Tai's sister. Poor kitty. I found her in the same alley and took her in. My cousins went nuts over her and I gave her to them. Gypsy was born after Mai Tai, but they looked a lot alike and were frighteningly alike in personality. Just awful. Gypsy loved their little doggie and snuggled with them every night. At least Gypsy had lots of love and attention the short time she was around. I've just been sick about this. Gypsy was an ideal fit and cuddled with them every night.

Mai Tai is fine, but it makes me sad. While I had Gypsy, they used to curl up together at night.

So Sorry to hear about Your loss, when You become so attached to Your pet (Pal) it take's awhile to get over the initial shock and pain of their loss.

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #689 of 1,055
1:06 - 1:09 - Epic.

1:27 - 1:29 - What.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM Post #690 of 1,055

Quote:
kwarth posted:

OK, spell it out... who suffers the apoplexy, him or us? and would he really care what happened to us?

Him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back