Head-fiers you want to meet?
Aug 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #76 of 104
Come to Seattle
biggrin.gif
haha. Or go save up till canjam and go to LA. That's what i'm doing hopefully.

Aug 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #77 of 104
joelongwood, Nick Dangerous, Serving in Ecuador (Doug), Dr. Meier, and of course our lady of Ultrasonia, Indra...About the rest, pretty much I have meet them in person...

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #78 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
joelongwood, Nick Dangerous, Serving in Ecuador (Doug), Dr. Meier, and of course our lady of Ultrasonia, Indra...About the rest, pretty much I have meet them in person...

Sovey,
You've met Joe Longwood, but you didn't know it was him. I'll try to dig up a pic from one of the NY meets you were at with Cesar (I think that's your brother's name, sorry if I messed it up). Weren't you also at the first National?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is so true! I've been to about 20 Head-Fi meets and have met a lot of outstanding people...

...We all share a passion for music and sound reproduction, but also have such separate stories to tell about our lives. As odd as it may seem to members here who haven't yet made it to a Head-Fi meet, it really is more about the people than the gear...

...As I reflect on it now, Head-Fi and its people has become an integral part of my life.

When I'm in South Florida, I'll almost always spend some time with one or more of my Head-Fi pals. When I'm passing through Montana, I'll spend a night or two at Todd's or will visit the guys at Headroom. When I'm passing through Colorado, I'll stop by to see Mikhail. When I'm in New York, I'll stay with Aaron and Telica. I can't wait to get to Detroit to scare the crap out of Jude with an Atom ride!

...But that has much more to do with the quality of the people, in my estimation, than the quality of the gear or the discussions. I'm actually tempted to start a similar thread, only it would be: "Head-Fiers whom I'm glad I've met!" The list would be long...

This hits the nail right on the head. It's a great forum mission statement.

Some members here don't realize this, and use it as a place to vent in a bad way (attacks, fanboyisms, and being mostly argumentative or antagonistic).

To the other 95% I say "cheers, and it's so nice to meet you"!

Aug 31, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #79 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovey,
You've met Joe Longwood, but you didn't know it was him. I'll try to dig up a pic from one of the NY meets you were at with Cesar (I think that's your brother's name, sorry if I messed it up). Weren't you also at the first National?

Really? Please dig that picture, I have always felt a real admiration for that gentleman, and his collection of headphones!!!! I was the the First National, of course, and at the Qualias basement as well...

Omar is my brother, pretty close...LOL...

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #80 of 104
SACDLover

I actually started off with a list of people. However, if I had to pick one it would be Earl (SACDLover). He has ALWAYS been a good person for me to ask questions of. I have also talked to him on the phone a couple of times. A VERY cool cat indeed. He recommended my latest amp purchase. I bought a Zana Deux. He actually called me after I sent him a PM with a bunch of questions. We talked at length. He is very knowledgeable, easy to talk with, and patient.

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #81 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SACDLover

I actually started off with a list of people. However, if I had to pick one it would be Earl (SACDLover). He has ALWAYS been a good person for me to ask questions of. I have also talked to him on the phone a couple of times. A VERY cool cat indeed. He recommended my latest amp purchase. I bought a Zana Deux...

Wow! Earl recommended that? Not a Singlepower!?!? This really is a news flash!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #82 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Earl recommended that? Not a Singlepower!?!? This really is a news flash!
tongue_smile.gif

Yes... And before that another... The Woo Audio 3 I purchased way back when. Funny that he gets such a rap from some folks on the forum. I have been around for a while, and he has never steered me wrong. By the way.... You were on my list
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #83 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes... And before that another... The Woo Audio 3 I purchased way back when. Funny that he gets such a rap from some folks on the forum. I have been around for a while, and he has never steered me wrong. By the way.... You were on my list
wink.gif

Hey, that's cool, but I've never made Earl's 'particularly cool' list, and I'm a big-time Singlepower kind of guy! I was one of the very first Singelpower customers on Head-Fi (Mikhail built an original 'toaster oven' chassis SDS for me), and now I've got an SDS-XLR and ES-1. Top shelf stuff, that's for sure! But I'm also a moderator, so I guess that's particularly uncool. Ahhh, such is life...

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #84 of 104
Wilfredo...aka Fast Freddy

Mr. IEM

Sep 2, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #86 of 104
You wouldn't by lunch for me?
confused_face_2.gif

I don't ask for much and usually drink table water during meals.

Sep 2, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #90 of 104
I know there are several people's music collections I'd love to raid. I'd go fishing with everyone here. Good group of people at the Holy Head-Fi congregation. Once you start to learn personalities, things get pretty funny. Just have to be respectful and not get thin skinned. Cable talk anyone?
biggrin.gif

There are some very successful people from many walks of life. I value their opinion and enjoy the logic. Thanks to them all. Would love to tip a pint and talk music.

Earl has been the best help understanding tubes and amps. I am listening to some beautiful music because of it.

Uncle Erik gives good, sound advice. Helps newbs a lot.

Santa has such an interesting life and so many stories. Lusting your neighbor's possessions is a sin to some. Wayne wasn't around when this was written or they might have had to re-consider.

Kirosia is a character. When the silly threads get started, you can count on him to add a twist.

Boomana has taken the fast track to some very nice gear. Grounded logic and well expressed. A woman's perspective keeps us geeks in line.

Jude for the vision and openness of balancing a large forum and sponsers. Trying to keep an independent group and advertising happy has to be a task.

Our mods. As tough as we sometimes feel they are, they do keep the place moving smoothly.

All the comedians and wisenhiemers that make this place so fun to be part of.

When the Head-fi party comes to the mid-west, I will very much enjoy being among friends (I hope).

Edit

I'd like to meet Ken36 because he is our elder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back