HEAD-FI
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 10
This is my third thread in less than two months and nobody ever replied to any of my thread. I just asked a simple questions about IEMs and MP3 Players and not "how to build a nuclear bomb", I don't know why this Head-Fi is so famous, or maybe people only reply to those who talk about rich boys gears.

Jun 19, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 10
Try not to take offense. There are a lot of reasons people might not respond– they don't know the answer, they didn't see your post, etc. Personally, I'd rather people ignore a question they don't know the answer to rather than giving bad answers. (like Amazon's questions and answers: WHY ARE PEOPLE RESPONDING IF THEY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER?! RRRAAAGGGEEE!!!) I made a thread a few months ago that nobody responded to for a few days until I bumped it. I started to think I had done something wrong and then it turned into a four page thread.
Sometimes it just takes a little bit of patience and perseverance to get a response.

What was your question? Not that I'll necessarily have an answer for you. You might want to put it back in your first post so others can potentially see it.

Anyway, good luck!

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #4 of 10
I saw your original question before you deleted it, asking whether you should buy one IEM or another, I think it was KZ ZSN and ZS10 pro?

To get answer to such a question it would be helpful to know what preferences you have.
And since it was about 2 IEMs from the same manufacturer, the KZ thread would be the better place to post.

Describe what you are looking for, what music you listen to, your sources, what you have heard and what you liked/disliked about it.
I find that exercise very helpful for myself, because I learn more about my own prefernces and experiences and that is half the answer to the question.

There are many discussions about low cost IEMs and if you post in the right group you will for sure get good information.

Jun 19, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #5 of 10
Absolutely, it can be frustrating when you don't get an answer, but sometimes that may mean your question or questions are not as well stated as you think. And as said previously, sometimes people just miss them or don't know the answer. Always try to post questions in the most relevant forum rather than just where you think it is going to be seen by the most people. If you ask a very specific question even if the correct forum isn't as busy, or the thread isn't as popular you are still going to get the best attention from people who know about what you are asking. I have a ton of experience in some areas, but nothing with IEM and that is true for many members.

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #6 of 10
Try not to take offense. There are a lot of reasons people might not respond– they don't know the answer, they didn't see your post, etc. Personally, I'd rather people ignore a question they don't know the answer to rather than giving bad answers. (like Amazon's questions and answers: WHY ARE PEOPLE RESPONDING IF THEY DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER?! RRRAAAGGGEEE!!!) I made a thread a few months ago that nobody responded to for a few days until I bumped it. I started to think I had done something wrong and then it turned into a four page thread.
Sometimes it just takes a little bit of patience and perseverance to get a response.

What was your question? Not that I'll necessarily have an answer for you. You might want to put it back in your first post so others can potentially see it.

Anyway, good luck!

lol, the Amazon Q&A thing is hilarious. I once saw somebody had asked a question about an item and a person responded "my order hasn't arrived yet so I can't help you." :D

Jun 19, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Generally speaking, people don't respond here to questions they're unqualified to answer. That's actually a good thing. I see this quite a bit, where new folks ask about whether they should get "A" headphone or "B" headphone (and sometimes "C" and "D" headphone as well), and in order to feel like I could give you an honest answer, I would had to have listened to all the options. Most of the time, that just isn't the case. Especially in the sub-$100 market, where there are like countless options for all varying tastes.

Like other posters have mentioned, it's easier to get a conversation going if the questions are more open-ended. What do you like about headphones you've owned, or listened to? What didn't you like? What kind of music genres do you prefer? In what context or environment do you most often do your listening? How much do you want to spend? What brands or models are available to you in your part of the world? Cast a wider net, and you'll catch more fish, so to speak...

Partly the reason why conversation is a bit easier at higher price points is because there are just fewer high-quality choices, and it's usually obvious what kind of audiophile they're catering to (basshead? reference hound?). The community tends to congregate around what's been reviewed well or causing a buzz. Where on the lower end of cost, it seems like there are a half a dozen new headphones coming out every month. It's impossible to keep track of all of them. And speaking from my personal experience, I've been pushed to more expensive options because the build quality is usually better (in addition to better sound). Nothing like spending $70 on a pair of IEMs that break within a year. I'd rather spend 2x that and get something that will outlast a few detachable cables, and possibly could be sold on the used market for a few bucks.

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #8 of 10
as one who likes to browse this section in the very unlikely event that I can help, I have a few habits:
- if I don't have a clue I don't post.
- if the title is something moronic like "help", "I have a question" then most of the time I don't even bother clicking on the post. I mean the guy is the one who needs help, he can at the very least meet us halfway by making an effort to present his problem as clearly as he can.

on the other hand, I usually don't get the answer to my questions. if I come asking for something, it's usually ultra specific and I couldn't find any or enough help searching online. so it's predictable that not everybody has the answer. there is also the undeniable fact that most people hanging around on this forum like to talk about themselves and their gears or go check the sales. the fellows coming in this help section are the goodest people, but only a tiny gang and their desire to help doesn't make them all-knowing. if the question is about specific devices, then to trick the people who know but won't come here, the logical solution is to go ask your question in a thread that concerns one of those devices you're curious about. that will naturally get the people who have it, more likely to get involved.

Jun 19, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #9 of 10
This is my third thread in less than two months and nobody ever replied to any of my thread. I just asked a simple questions about IEMs and MP3 Players and not "how to build a nuclear bomb", I don't know why this Head-Fi is so famous, or maybe people only reply to those who talk about rich boys gears.
In the other post you asked the difference between the ZSN Pro and ZS10 Pro well I for one haven’t heard either have the ZS10 but not the pro’s. You would probably find your answer here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread.698148/.

Jun 19, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #10 of 10
There‘s one more thing about the really cheap IEMs ($10-30), these are often owned by users who don‘t have much (or any) experience with medium or higher end models, so the baseline against which each person is comparing a particular model to is varying a lot.
Those who speak about them often seem to have limited experience, and those who have lots of experience often don‘t buy these.
But in a few threads exactly those IEMs are discussed and you should find support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back