Head-Fi Younguns Check-in!
Feb 19, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you guys come up with that kind of money to spend?

My guesses would either be work or hustlin'.

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #18 of 317
18 here, 19 soon. (March 2nd, woot new DAC for birthday!)

Mod edit: Response to deleted thread removed.

People these days don't appreciate what they have. I do since any headphone related purchases takes me like a whole year to save up.
frown.gif
Ah, whatever rich kids tend to piss me off, at least I had fun beating them up at school.

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #21 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, whatever rich kids tend to piss me off, at least I had fun beating them up at school.

They're not all bad, it's just that the pricks have a tendency to stick out more. (that said, I've only known one rich kid who actually kept it real)

Feb 19, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #24 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're not all bad, it's just that the pricks have a tendency to stick out more. (that said, I've only known one rich kid who actually kept it real)

I'm not at all rich. I work for my money.

Also, keep in mind, my headphone setup and my computer are probably the only stuff I have worth more than $50.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #26 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
18 here, 19 soon. (March 2nd, woot new DAC for birthday!)

Mod edit: Response to deleted thread removed.

People these days don't appreciate what they have. I do since any headphone related purchases takes me like a whole year to save up.
frown.gif

Dont be jealous bro.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:05 AM Post #27 of 317
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not at all rich. I work for my money.

Also, keep in mind, my headphone setup and my computer are probably the only stuff I have worth more than $50.

Exactly. Just cause 003 and comp have thrown in more money doesn't mean they're spoiled rich. I worked 10-12 hours in the school year and full time in the summer during my high school career and worked up a good sum of money. Seeing as I had no other expensive habits and that equipment here doesn't seem to depreciate much, there was plenty of money to fund this hobby. I suspect there are some similarities with my story and theirs. Now of course I realize that some younger people cant find jobs, and that some must put that money towards college or life expenses (unfortunately my case now), but it doesn't change the fact that these guys work for what they have.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #29 of 317
Wow, I'm blown away by the ages of some of the posters in this thread, not because of financial reasons, but based on levels of maturity and the eloquence of your verbiage (sorry I didn't mean to sound pretentious there, I just couldnt think of a better way to say it).
I deal with 14-18 year olds every day of the week and none (well, very few) could hold a candle to the way that many of you here debate, explain yourselves, and in general, communicate with the others on the board. I'm under the impression that, audio as a hobby, draws in those who are above average intelligence. This is a general observation and Im not trying to stereotype, but I'm just pleased to see that 17, 16, heck even 14 year olds here are able to express themselves so well. The posts of most of the members that posted in this thread would better the communcation skills of many adults in my area.
I guess Im an old man here at 26, but it gives me hope that the younger generation aren't all morons.
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #30 of 317
I'm 17 and I've spent more on home, car and portable audio than i can remember. I think it's somewhere between $3,000 and $4,000. Thats over the course of about 3 years. and I worked for all of it. but that was also before I found this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back