Head-Fi System Upgrade Glitch Log
Jul 4, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #61 of 145
I have the login prompt issues, seems indeed to be a session (or maybe perm) cookie with limited time elapsing before it becomes invalid.

And secondly, I got a PM (email notification worked OK, BTW) about something I sold. The buyer (id=Hello) said he got it, left me good feedback, and would I please do the same. However,m I HAD done that last week (I believe Thursday night). I did a search for his thread, and it couldn't find it. Not sure if it's search-related issue, or if the thread was somehow removed.

Before I start a new one - again - I'll keep searching.

Thanks,

Todd - skullguise

EDIT: seems to be a search problem....I stepped page by page through history on the feedback forum, and found what I posted....THX.

Jul 5, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #62 of 145
Within the past hour, the "New Posts" link has gone missing, and I too have had to re-login quite a few times.

Just noticed the following banner:
Quote:

2006-07-04 2226 EST: ATTENTION: The built-in search function is currently disabled, and will remain so until the search index is completely re-built. This could take a half-day or more. In the interim, a Google site search bar will be put in place. While I know this is far from ideal, it will have to do, until the search index (which is rather large) is completely re-built. I apologize for the inconvenience. --Jude--

All is well then
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #64 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by skullguise
....EDIT: seems to be a search problem....I stepped page by page through history on the feedback forum, and found what I posted....THX.

Well, I tried to address an apparent gap between the post you're referring to and the search index, which you're suggesting didn't include that post.

In trying to fix this, I made a misstep, and that's why I've had to disable search for now.

We're going to be working tonight to restore full search functionality, but it could take hours, and possibly even roll into tomorrow.

As the notice at the top of the page says, there's a Google search bar in place to provide at least some search functionality in the interim.

Again, my apologies for this.

Jul 5, 2006 at 5:53 AM Post #67 of 145
And I'm having trouble logging in. Tried repeatedly just now. Finally restarted browser, cleared cache and deleted head-fi cookies and it let me log in.

Jul 5, 2006 at 6:32 AM Post #68 of 145
I have to keep logging in all the time.
Last time I logged in I didn't get the "search" option in my toolbar.
edit1:
didn't get "new posts" either.
Like the main toolbar kept the "visitor" status after logon. I have all the other options though ("subscribe/unsubscribe" in "thread tools").
edit2:
When I use the "new posts" option from the "quick links" menu I get:
Kees, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I am pretty shure this is a problem with your security settings....

Jul 5, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #69 of 145
I was able to log in this a.m. and have it recognize my id automatically, so it looks like my cookies are working.

Just wanted to say thanks to Jude, Allen, and team; I know it is a royal pain to go through these sometimes necessary upgrades (I work in IT myself, see it allt he time). It's also so tough to manage it in what is essentially a 24 by 7 operation. So despite the issues we're having, I say thanks!

Jul 5, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #71 of 145
similar issues. Have to manually log-in everytime. No search option available.

and from ahwile ago: I don't think read receipts are working correctly.

Jul 5, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #72 of 145
Not sure how helpful this info is, but it seems that I'm logged out most often when I click on a link, either from head-fi thread to another head-fi thread, or from a 'Subscription Notification' email.

I'd like to clarify that this isn't the only time I get logged out, but it seems to be the most common and consistant reason.

Jul 5, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #73 of 145
Search should be fixed for everyone now. Apologies for the inconvenience. It was my fault for accidentally dumping the rather large search index. Thanks to Allan (heyimallan) for helping to restore the search index more quickly than my initial approach was promising to.

We know there are some other outstanding issues--including some ongoing (but improving) login issues, and system e-mails not being sent out--and we'll continue to work on these today.

Jul 5, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #74 of 145
Probably not a glitch, but I got a few 404 errors while the DNS was phased out in place of the direct IP call (assuming everyone else is seeing the IP too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back