Head-fi-style shopping in Singapore?
Jan 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hien34

New Head-Fier
I'm heading out to Singapore soon over the Chinese New Year - I've seen some info about places to shop, but was wondering if any other head-fi'ers have experience with specific places to shop for Head-fi gear in Singapore (hopefully taking advantage of a decent exchange rate)?

any input is appreciated!

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 5
go to jaben on adelphi. 4f iirc

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 5
The two 'must visit' are Jaben (mentioned above) and Stereo Electronics (Basement 4, ION orchard @ orchard road).

If you have enough time, also try Marina Square shopping mall where Sennheiser and Creative are at (1st floor, right next door of each other). There is also a small headphone store at Funan digital mall (1st or 2nd floor), which is right over the road from adephi center (where Jaben at). NuForce dealer is located in adephi center as well, in basement.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks!  I have heard of the Funan IT mall and will be heading there for sure... I'll look up Jaben and Stereo Electronics now (I'll actually be staying in Orchard Rd. for a few days)

I am going to see what kind of decent universal IEMs and sources they might have out there (esp. if I can't get them in the US or they're just much cheaper there)

Jan 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks for all the tips!  I'm pretty impressed w/Stereo (being a chain in malls that has a pretty good selection!  AKG3003, Beyerdynamic T1, Unique Melody Merlins - Universal-style) but unfortunately CNY is a BFD here for Jaben and they've been closed the whole time I've been here.  They reopen on 1/30 so I'll check them out then (day before I leave).

Everything else in Adelphi was mostly closed but man, the brands on sale there!  Some high-end stuff that you only see/read about in Stereophile mag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back