Head-Fi mentioned in New York Times article about headphones!
Feb 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #121 of 149
Beyers are comfortable...And so are Denons...Phiaton 400, various Senns...

Some of those are more comfortable than the AE2. 

Quote:
Sorry, but this audiophile loves my Bose AE2, because of COMFORT more than anything else.

And anyone who says they have no bass needs to come try mine. Put on Moves Like Jagger and you'll see, they have *plenty* of bass. Its *amazing* what burn-in can do.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #122 of 149
Not really.

The bose does have supreme, and i mean supreme comfort. It manages to be circumaural.as well.

The only other headphone with similar comfort, that is accepted as a decent can here, is the panasonic hft600. That's in my experience anyway. It's sound whacks the bose's at a third of the price.

Feb 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #123 of 149
The Dxxx series are the most comfortable headphones I've worn (including various Bose models I've demoed). I suppose it comes down to preference.

Quote:
Not really.
The bose does have supreme, and i mean supreme comfort. It manages to be circumaural.as well.
The only other headphone with similar comfort, that is accepted as a decent can here, is the panasonic hft600. That's in my experience anyway. It's sound whacks the bose's at a third of the price.

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #126 of 149
Hilarious if some newbie come here just to check out that 2000 dollar headphone only to find the ToiletPants
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #129 of 149

Quote:
Lifehacker mentioned Head-Fi the other day with an actual informative and useful post, that should be on the front page not this.

Whitson Gordon (at Lifehacker) rocks--a genuine headphone audio enthusiast.

I'll hompeage link both of the recent Lifehacker mentions through this coming week. Today I'm going to feature Mike Dias' piece on Isaac Hayes.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #130 of 149

Quote:
Lifehacker did a headphone guide with Head-fi...It's still not nearly as wide reaching as NYT...

I would not be surprised if Lifehacker had more readers now than the NYT.

Quote:

Whitson Gordon (at Lifehacker) rocks--a genuine headphone audio enthusiast.

I'll hompeage link both of the recent Lifehacker mentions through this coming week. Today I'm going to feature Mike Dias' piece on Isaac Hayes.

Can't wait to read!

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #135 of 149
Dear Readers,

Do take note of this month's issue of The Absolute Sound magazine (Issue 220).  There was positive mention of Head-fi.org as the go-to place for people who are into high-end headphones and associated equipment.  Chris Martens, who frequently posts reviews of headphones on AV.guide (?) is clearly "one of us", provided his review of the CanJam experience at the RMAF.  My only "harumph"-ing came about when I noticed several somewhat guarded opinions being expressed by him on some products, as if he actually may not have even listened to them whilst giving the semblance that he did....sorta spun my head around a mite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back