Head-fi members are tops in integrity
Sep 1, 2003 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
I don't want to get all sappy or anything here. But after going through a real pain-in-the-ass, unpleasant, sales transaction with someone from Audiogon, I really wanted to say something here. Especially so, in light of all the tension that seems to be going on around here.

In the time I've been an active member here, I've had opportunities to meet with in person, and do business via the 'Net, quite a few people here. In all my dealings, I have had nothing but absolutely favorable experiences. I can say without hesitation, that I trust the overall integrity of the membership here, to be unquestionably of the highest order, at least when it comes to audio business dealings. This speaks volumes with regard to the character of each and every one of you, and is no small thing. It is something that I appreciate very, very much. It is also something that lulled me into a complacency when conducting online transactions with others outside of our community.

I hope that such a reputation continues, as the board goes thru its inevitable growing pains & changes. Thank you.

Nuff said.

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 10
You sir, are undoubtedly a gentleman, and embody everything you've just described here.

Salute. For you, and for all the Head-fiers who strive to uphold the character and class this board is known for.

*clinks glass*

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2003 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 10
I've found that the few problems I've had over on Audiogon have stemmed from newbies that didn't quite understand how things work. I had one authorized dealer for a product line over there that sold me a speaker with the wrong finish and then didn't want to pay the shipping charges for the incorrect merchandise, stating they were doing me a favor by selling it to me. Sigh! I think the same thing will happen as Head-Fi grows...

Sep 2, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Group hug?
tongue.gif

It's pretty tight knit here.

Sep 2, 2003 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 10
jpelg, when I first glanced at the title of your thread, I thought it said "Head-fi members are tops in VIRGINITY"
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Now that I've stopped laughing and figured out what you're saying, yes, I agree. Good bunch here.

Sep 2, 2003 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

when I first glanced at the title of your thread, I thought it said "Head-fi members are tops in VIRGINITY"

Well, that particular "condition" may, or may not be exacerbated by membership here, and this hobby of ours. But I cannot comment on its widespread affects
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by lan
Group hug?
tongue.gif

It's pretty tight knit here.

where's outdoor man when you need him. and yay for head-fiers. especially jude for not banning me more often.
600smile.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 5:25 AM Post #9 of 10
I think I have bought and sold more stuff here at Head-Fi than at Ebay and Half.com. I just have more confidence dealing with members here compared to elseware, and every one of my transactions here has been smooth.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 2, 2003 at 6:34 AM Post #10 of 10
Every single one of my dealings here has gone great. No problems whatsoever. I can't say the same for ebay and other places. I'm very glad for this, and it makes buying/selling here a whole lot of fun rather than a pain in the butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back