head-fi member stole another member's headphone and sold them twice!
Dec 22, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #125 of 126
Hi all,
unlike some posting on this thread, I am actually involved financially, to the tune of E207 in this debacle.

I agreed to buy a pair of Senn HD650s from Catwoman.Payment was by way of bank transfer and I received a pm from her saying they were posted on Nov. 10th.

She did say that I should pay for insurance, stupidly I declined - I am old enough to know that there were few theives of postal items when I was young (UK) sadly that has all changed and not only in the UK.

As time went by I became worried that they would never arrive. I have lived in Spain now for 5 years - this country is so corrupt, it takes the breath away but one thing I know for sure, the Spanish Postal system is not and all those who work in it are to be applauded for their honesty. I say Spain is corrupt - it is the Spanish professional class that are almost all corrupt. I would also like to say that I am very impressed with USPS, it's a service all Americans can be proud of.

Which brings me to a post made by one - Graham evo - so Europe is totally corrupt, is that right - have you ever heard of Bernie Ebbers/Michael Milken (greed is good) have you not heard of the thousands of Americans who have lost their life savings in the huge American company scandals and here we are talking billions and billions of $, thousands of Americans have lost their jobs. Where did credit card fraud first appear - yes that's right - the USA .All fraud happens only in Europe - take a look at home.

Thank goodness most American Headfiers don't go through life only listening to the outright lies on Fox news - Americans all good, foreigners all bad - that's Hollywood ******** and propoganda.

I think that Headfiers is a really, really good international forum for those who enjoy music - an arsehole is an arsehole because it is an arsehole. A theif is a theif because it is a theif. No one is a con artist because they are Austrian/American/ British/white/black/atheist/Ashkanasy/Catholic or anything else, I am Druidic (I never betrayed my ancestors).

I feel that the above had to be said by someone and I'm surprised that the Moderators did'nt home in on this Graham evo tonto before I did.

I had many e-mails with Claudia and I had become resigned that I had kissed off E207 - esta la vida and told her so in a pm.

Out of the blue I got a pm from Claudia, Dec. 15th 12.58pm - "I was able to get hold of the Senns, I am going to the post office to send to you".

At 2.13pm on the same day I received another pm telling me that she had paid E16 for insurance and tracking and would I like to send her the difference of E9 and "I'm sorry for all the inconvenience".

"I was able to get hold of the Senns" - this did'nt make sense. If she had posted them how was she able to get 'hold of them', if they had been posted on Nov. 10th? It made me think that maybe someone else was involved - thanks to our German friend and his input we now know there is this arsehole Tamer Abdel Shafi. Did she get him to post them for her, did he ask for the E7 knowing full well he never went near a post office?

Having read this thread, it seems that all those who had had business dealings with her were far more willing to wait and see than those who had'nt. Those who had'nt wanted to organise another Salem Witch hunt - not much has changed headwise in over 200 years for some Americans?

I also have a tracking number ca103271654at, this could be BS or it could be genuine.

Let's turn our attention to one - Tamer Abdel Shafi, this I believe is the real villain. This arsehole is her live in boyfriend, would'nt you trust someone you lived with. It seems most of you who had dealings with Claudia have received your goods or money back - the percentage chances are that I will recieve the Senn HD650s after Christmas.

Have none of you been scammed by a friend let alone a live in lover - for all those who are immature let me tell you - you are far more likely to be ripped off by a friend than a stranger.

I'll bet she's feeling like **** right now, her credibility in tatters. maybe she has brothers who can give this piece of crap a 'bit of a slapping' (this is Brit slang for a visit to an A&E dept in the local hospital.

If my surmise is correct then rather a witchunt (let's leave this kind of thing in the history books where it belongs) we should feel some sympathy for this young woman.

I have contacts in most European countries and a lot more elsewhere but none in Austria, otherwise I could arrange for a 'meeting' with this Tamer Abdel Shafi - it's not a meeting he would enjoy and it would be far more 'effective' than making money for lawyers.

I have done a few deals with Headfiers now and every one of them has been a good for all parties concerned. I have been impressed with the honest declarations made by Euclid/Nice Cans/Solitary1 and have enjoyed doing business with them one and all.

I now understand why so many Headfiers insist on a verified Paypal address. I now accept that tracking and insurance are very nec. and really do give 'peace of mind' albeit at a price.

Someone else posted that only paid for e-mail addresses should be accepted - that's all very well when you live in a country where you have competent ISPs - Telefonica is crap, that's why I use Hotmail. I also have to use my partner's Paypal account because Paypal won't let me have an account because I don't have 'residence status' - there are good reasons for that.

Knowing how many rip-offs happen I can and do accept that many Headfiers are just being careful and are not being paranoid about doing deals.

It is a real tragedy that though the overwhelming majority on Headfiers/World-Designs/Vinyl Engine and so many other forums are genuine, decent people, it all gets to taste bad because of a few scumbags. The problem is that there is no real punishment - too many lawyers and social workers who would be out of a job if theives and con artists were 'really' punished.

Let's just be thankful that the good people really do vastly outnumber the arseholes and that this has nothing to do with race, creed, colour or nationality.

Enjoy the Winter Solstice, make merry and enjoy the music.

Stuart

Dec 22, 2006 at 4:55 PM Post #126 of 126
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Stuart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's just be thankful that the good people really do vastly outnumber the arseholes and that this has nothing to do with race, creed, colour or nationality.

Indeed - just wish you would have posted this BEFORE your arrogant rant.
rolleyes.gif

You DO recognize that by singling out a member's ridiculous comments about Europe by making ridiculous claims about The United States is hypocritical, non?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back