Head-Fi Member "Donor" a total scammer!
Oct 7, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #61 of 90
For what it's worth, and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it, but I received the Shek D1 Dac from him today.

It did take much longer to arrive then he said it would but it did indeed arrive (evidentially it came from Italy).

He did email me once I filed a paypal claim and said that everything that people had ordered from him had suddenly been put into dispute even though it's all in transit. He then sent me a tracking number (something not done until then although I had asked).

I'm writing this since earlier in the thread I said I paid him for something that he didn't send when in fact he did send it. So that's my fault.

What that means in the context of all of this, I have no idea, but hopefully it gives hope for anyone having ordered something and are waiting for it.

Oct 7, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #62 of 90
Leave_it_to_Beaver_html_4319f57d.jpg

[size=medium]Gee Wally, doing business [/size][size=medium] with [/size]
[size=medium]Donner seems kinda creepy!
[/size]

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #63 of 90
I also got a mail from donor last evening. Read below...
Still is hope I think.

donor said:
I have sent the CanAmp, I have a receipt with a tracking number for you, however I am at an internet cafe right now and do not have it on me, so I will email you with it tommorow.

The last couple of people I have sold items too have filed paypal disputes as well after reading the head-fi post, so right now I am struggling to deal with all this.

If you look at my head-fi and ebay feedback, youll see that its 99% positive, furthermore I run a popular website, so it would not make sense for me to jeopardize all of this by scamming someone.

Thats all I have to say about that. After reading the things on head-fi its understandable that your a little nervous about the transaction. Like I said, I will have the tracking number for you tommorow.

Thanks,
Ben

Oct 7, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #64 of 90
don't close your dispute until you receive the item. to me, tracking number is not good enough. that paypal claim is your only leverage.

Oct 7, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #65 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Leave_it_to_Beaver_html_4319f57d.jpg

[size=medium]Gee Wally, doing business [/size][size=medium] with [/size]
[size=medium]Donner seems kinda creepy!
[/size]

LOL. The Beav rules!

Oct 7, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #66 of 90
That is just plain sick..

I haven't bought anything and sorry for not reading the whole thread but what are you gonna do to people who bought stuff from him, Just ask for a bit of compensation or just eat the losses?

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:53 AM Post #67 of 90
I bought GoVibe6 from him not that long time ago and he was honest about the amp, well where he was coming from and why, but I didnt suspect anything like that
mad.gif

So, for me no refund I guess
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is just plain sick..

I haven't bought anything and sorry for not reading the whole thread but what are you gonna do to people who bought stuff from him, Just ask for a bit of compensation or just eat the losses?

Oct 11, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #69 of 90
What an ***hole!
Tyll, thanks a lot for bringing this to out attention.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #70 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hottentott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine CanAmp from donor today
smily_headphones1.gif

Question is, did you get "your" CanAmp or did you get Heed's review sample that was stolen by donor? He cannot sell what is not his. Sorry to put that thought in your head, but the upshot of Tyll's information would indicate that is a possibility.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #71 of 90
Thanks for the heads up Tyll! At least he is embroiled in a few paypal disputes, but looking at his profile post history, it seems he has made alot of scammer cash.
mad.gif

Oct 15, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #73 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question is, did you get "your" CanAmp or did you get Heed's review sample that was stolen by donor? He cannot sell what is not his.

i don't think that is true. if he purchased in good faith, it doesn't matter.

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #74 of 90
Unbelieveable. I hate to say this, but this situation is another reason why I'm very hesitant in buying anything off the for sale forum. Good luck to anyone who is still having trouble with the seller.

Nylan

Oct 15, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #75 of 90
Tyll, you are the man! This guy is such an *******. Who knows how many headphone vendors (and people) he's screwed over at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back