Head-Fi Member "Donor" a total scammer!
Oct 6, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #31 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrosenth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I field a paypal dispute - I guess I should wait a bit before escalating it to a claim? (Although he hasn't responded to me yet about it) - don't really know if that paypal stuff really works - kind of doubt it but have to give it a shot.

paypal is good for buyers. if he doesn't respond to you soon with something other than item has shipped with legit tracking info, then i would escalate to a claim right away, for once this guy transfers his funds out of his paypal account, you have no more recourse. so don't wait too long. and maybe considering the circumstances, you should not wait at all.

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #32 of 90
i was about to buy a heed amp from him but due to issues with pay pal i got delayed ,and by the time i got it done if had sold it,personally i tot he was a nice guy.but them every one is nice some where does not mean we ignore their mistakes.my doubt is if he is a reputed reviewer and his web site is equally reputed why would he pull a stunt like this he just got his rep screwed and thats gonna affect his website as well.so assuming his website is just one of those million online just short of a personal blog types,why do companies send expensive equipment to every one ,some where the mistake is in there hands to for marketing their stuff more they do have totally bad reputed ppl do reviews who might do it just to keep the free bee s coming in.so who loses out here poor consumer s like us who stay in countries where reviewing an amp is impossible and have to go by the impressions we see from reviews.and its normal more positive reviews more chance we buy them.so i would request every manufacturer from here on atleast those involved with head fi do not i mention do not give any free bees to any reviewer ,if the reviewer is true he would be more than happy getting a new amp to listen for a few days which i feel is fair.so from here on no taking any reviewer who gets free bies seriously . And yes thanks to head room we have our eyes opened .

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #33 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So he get the amps from the manufaturers on loan terms (that menas to be returned after the review is supposed to be finished) and then sell them to another person???

He's not even receiving them himself, he had them shipped by HeadRoom straight to the unknowing buyer! How's that for a shortcut.

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #35 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon118 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the amps weren't necessarily being given to him. I found it kind of odd that a manufacturer would just give someone a review product. That's pretty rare unless it is a very recognized source, and usually only with larger companies.

Clearly you have a lot to learn in this regard. This is generally the only way that products get reviewed by the mainstream press/web/whatever, manufacturers LOAN them gear. The reviewers certainly don't buy the products that they're reviewing, that'd be a lot of money to put on the line even if you are running it a legit business like Stereophile.

donor was basically trying to make a business out of requesting review samples from manufacturers and then not only NOT reviewing the product but in turn selling it as if it was his own and NOT returning it to the manufacturer.

What a clown, his site needs to get shut down.

Oct 6, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #36 of 90
“Tyle is an upright guy. He wouldn't post something like this here unless he had been pushed too far.”

Exactly. Plus he wouldn’t post this unless he was 100% sure.

Mitch

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #38 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
“Tyle is an upright guy. He wouldn't post something like this here unless he had been pushed too far.”

Exactly. Plus he wouldn’t post this unless he was 100% sure.

x2. there are some people that you can trust. Tyll is one of them.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #39 of 90
That's interesting, usually computer gear is given to people for reviews. Well, audio stuff is usually a big-ticket item...

Freaking scammers.

Edit: He cannot design websites...His sites, suck. They are terrible...

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #40 of 90
god did you see that last sale post of his? "it was a gift." yeah, a "gift" from freaking Headroom. what a loser this "Donor" is.

Oct 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM Post #45 of 90
has anyone contacted the feds? sounds like a case of fraud to me
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back