Head-Fi Meet - Toronto GTA (Markham), Sunday June 25, 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 40
With love my favorite half breed, from your favourite full breed angel! Damn kinky parents you had, who ****s humans!?
Yup. I have some cream in my coffee. Lol.

May 7, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 40
That is because you are a kind human being and quite simply, we certainly don’t do these type of meets enough. I have a great feeling going forward that we will all get some consistency back. 5 hrs for audio time is a blink of an eye. So much fun making the rounds. This is why can jams and audio fests are at least a weekend long. :)
5 hours? More like 5 minutes with people you immediately love! Some are there for the music, others are there for the equipment, but all are there to just enjoy it. That's why I fell in love with the scene and always felt welcome, and treat others that way. "Welcome friend, I'm glad you're here", it's that simple. :)

May 18, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #18 of 40
I don't listen to headphones much anymore (mostly speakers nowadays) but I'm definitely down to myself some of my gear down to the meet.

May 23, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 40
I don't listen to headphones much anymore (mostly speakers nowadays) but I'm definitely down to myself some of my gear down to the meet.
I am in the same situation. I mostly listen with speakers for some time now. I'll be in Toronto on this day so I will do my best to join in this meet. Unfortunately, I will not have much to contribute to the meet... I need to keep my luggage light to bring some "Toronto/Canadian" things back to HK.

May 29, 2023 at 9:40 AM Post #20 of 40
I'm in.

I don't have anything in the way of esoteric/pinnacle gear, but I can bring some modest equipment and my sparkling personality.

Jun 5, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #22 of 40
I am going but my gear hasn't improved very much from last time we met since I use speakers 95% of the time:sweat_smile:. Been happy daily driving my Vanatoo Zero's on my desktop. Got rid of the DT880 250 ohm pro.

Beyerdynamic T90 with Schitt Magni 3 is what I can bring. I have my LG V30 phone which I use as a DAC. Not sure if there's any point bringing the Airpod Pros due to their popularity.

Jun 6, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #23 of 40
Fellow GTA Head-fi'ers, it has been too long.

GTA head-fi meet
Time: June 25, 2023, Noon to 5pm.
Location: Angus Glen Community Centre, Activity Room 3 (https://goo.gl/maps/rnN8KYCmfVyAFrCc6)

While it would be great for us to try new gear, the most important part is for you to be there. Catch up on the last few years, and just see each other.

Unfortunately, because this is a community centre, alcohol is prohibited (I know, the best part).

Tables and chairs will be available, but please bring your own power bars and extension cables.

Cost is minimal as this is a community centre, but would be great if everybody can chip in. It really depends on the number of people showing up but we can worry about that later.

Please let me know if you are joining so that I can prep ahead of time.

Can't wait to see you all.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #24 of 40
Fellow GTA Head-fi'ers, it has been too long.

GTA head-fi meet
Time: June 25, 2023, Noon to 5pm.
Location: Angus Glen Community Centre, Activity Room 3 (https://goo.gl/maps/rnN8KYCmfVyAFrCc6)

While it would be great for us to try new gear, the most important part is for you to be there. Catch up on the last few years, and just see each other.

Unfortunately, because this is a community centre, alcohol is prohibited (I know, the best part).

Tables and chairs will be available, but please bring your own power bars and extension cables.

Cost is minimal as this is a community centre, but would be great if everybody can chip in. It really depends on the number of people showing up but we can worry about that later.

Please let me know if you are joining so that I can prep ahead of time.

Can't wait to see you all.
Hey my friends - great memories come to mind as I read these posts and recognise many head-fiers from past meets.
I'd love to be there, however my health has declined and I'm now in end-stage COPD. I'm pretty much house bound and no longer drive.
I'd be appreciative if someone can take and post lots of pictures ..... (some may remember the Jecklins portrait meets).

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #25 of 40
I'll try and make it. If possible I'll bring a DIYT2, but no guarantees on that. Don't have any flavor of stax omega on hand anymore so I'd have to rely on others to bring some stax to run off of it.

Jun 9, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #26 of 40
Hey my friends - great memories come to mind as I read these posts and recognise many head-fiers from past meets.
I'd love to be there, however my health has declined and I'm now in end-stage COPD. I'm pretty much house bound and no longer drive.
I'd be appreciative if someone can take and post lots of pictures ..... (some may remember the Jecklins portrait meets).
Damn, that is terrible to hear Brian. We will definitely send some photos your way, let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Jun 14, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #27 of 40

So sorry to hear this Brian. Hope you are still getting to enjoy listening to your amazing collection of headphones.

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #28 of 40
The meet will not be the same without you Brian. We would definitely take photos and post them.

To everyone else, see you June 25th, less than two weeks to go.

Jun 15, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #29 of 40
I’ll try to make it and bring few things: sw51+, matrix X-sabre pro MQA and verum one mk2/fostex th900.

Jun 16, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #30 of 40
I'd bring my new Sash Tres, but they're a little too new: I only finalized the purchase on Monday and I guess Sasha got started hand-making stuff this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back