Head-Fi Meet - Toronto GTA (Markham), Sunday June 25, 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2023 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

ambchang

500+ Head-Fier
Fellow GTA Head-fi'ers, it has been too long.

GTA head-fi meet
Time: June 25, 2023, Noon to 5pm.
Location: Angus Glen Community Centre, Activity Room 3 (https://goo.gl/maps/rnN8KYCmfVyAFrCc6)

While it would be great for us to try new gear, the most important part is for you to be there. Catch up on the last few years, and just see each other.

Unfortunately, because this is a community centre, alcohol is prohibited (I know, the best part).

Tables and chairs will be available, but please bring your own power bars and extension cables.

Cost is minimal as this is a community centre, but would be great if everybody can chip in. It really depends on the number of people showing up but we can worry about that later.

Please let me know if you are joining so that I can prep ahead of time.

Can't wait to see you all.

May 4, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #3 of 40
Powerbars and extension cable are the problem with a large meet. You won't be able to hear my gear through those. Finding one piece to compare at one person's place at a time is really the thing to hope for. Unless someone is willing to let people come over and see if anyone can swap one of their pieces from his. But's really, it's the power problem, because you are all the right type of people to meet with.
I'm going to become a billionaire and put a huge power conditioner before the fusebox, and dedicated lines running to a huge room with a solid strip of dual outlets around the room's walls. Then you can all come over with your stuff for a meet.

Last edited:
May 4, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 40
I’m so grateful and happy to go. June 25th is booked. :)

We will have a great time. I will bring some nice stuff I promise. 😀

May 5, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 40
Well, depending on many other things, along the lines of becoming a hobo with a 20 year long tech career career, but crap happens! lol good times! If you can't laugh at the curve balls life throws at you, you don't have the strength to deal with them.yeah, they say "you're only tested to what you can handle, and F! Stop testing me this hard" lol

May 6, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 40
Pavel the meet won’t be the same without you. Just show up. And @makan just show up would be good. Letting me know early just allows me to plan a little better and don’t have to stay up the night before worrying about me being the only guy there.

May 7, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #11 of 40
Pavel the meet won’t be the same without you. Just show up. And @makan just show up would be good. Letting me know early just allows me to plan a little better and don’t have to stay up the night before worrying about me being the only guy there.

There's a new idea you being the only guy at a meet, I will not continue this train of thought

May 7, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #12 of 40
There's a new idea you being the only guy at a meet, I will not continue this train of thought
If all the gear was there with no people? Ummm? I could actually make that work for myself. Lol.

With love.

Your favorite half breed. 😀

May 7, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #13 of 40
If all the gear was there with no people? Ummm? I could actually make that work for myself. Lol.

With love.

Your favorite half breed. 😀

Nah, the people make it fun. As you might recall, I never even get a chance to listen to anything until the lady hour before meet ends because I spend all my time just talking and making sure people are happy... Or maybe I spend the entire time helping people with setup and the rest by the bar area and before I know it, it's time to pack up.

May 7, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #15 of 40
Nah, the people make it fun. As you might recall, I never even get a chance to listen to anything until the lady hour before meet ends because I spend all my time just talking and making sure people are happy... Or maybe I spend the entire time helping people with setup and the rest by the bar area and before I know it, it's time to pack up.
That is because you are a kind human being and quite simply, we certainly don’t do these type of meets enough. I have a great feeling going forward that we will all get some consistency back. 5 hrs for audio time is a blink of an eye. So much fun making the rounds. This is why can jams and audio fests are at least a weekend long. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back