Head-fi Meet: The Finnish edition
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #46 of 125
In the interest of making this easier, for those of you who feel you can use YTV's journey planner, the address is Poutuntie 13 a 4. It's the yellow apartment building opposite the Marjatta Koulu, on the corner of Poutuntie and Kraankatie. In fact there are two numbers on the building, 7, and 13.

If you take the 40 or 43, get off at the Ilkantie 11 stop and walk up Poutuntie. If taking the 51, get off at the Järviluomantie stop, cross the street (unless you've come from the Pohjois Haaga train station!), and behind the stop you'll see a path in the forest. Take the path, and we're the yellow house across the street.
smily_headphones1.gif

You can also take the 42. In that case, wait until you pass the stop outside the Best Western, and then press the stop button. Go down the steps, and you'll be under the overpass next to the gas station. Walk uphill towards the 51 stop across the street, and take the path behind it.

If anyone coming from out-of-town needs for me to meet them, please let me know!

Jul 14, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #47 of 125
...damn it. It's possible that I won't get the HD25's back in time. But I'll know for certain tomorrow.

Jul 14, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #48 of 125
Ok, guys, I know Halcyon gets into the city at 9:30, but I'd ask that no one show up at the apartment before 10:30am. Now that the Vacuum cleaner has blown up, I'm going to be very busy, and will every second to get ready.
wink.gif

So, if I may do a roll call, we're going to have Kj, Luukas, Halcyon, and myself. Anyone else planning to attend?

Jul 15, 2004 at 10:09 AM Post #50 of 125
Phew, I'll be getting the headphones back after all. I'd better start burning them in again since the left element has been replaced.

Jul 15, 2004 at 2:19 PM Post #52 of 125
Is there any parking space near your house? Alternatively, I might meet up with Halcyon and KJ before taking the bus to your house.

Jul 15, 2004 at 6:20 PM Post #53 of 125
The street we're on usually has enough room for parking, it's a small neighborhood, as oppossed to a busy central Helsinki street. There should be enough parking for everyone.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 7:48 PM Post #54 of 125
I can come tomorrow as well. I'll try to be there after 10 o'clock or so, depending on which bus I catch.

I'll try to bring as much of the following as possible:

- HD600 + Cardas replacement cable
- K271s
- HFI650 (modified)
- HD590
- PX100
- SR60
- ETY ER4P/4S
- Meier Prehead amp
- 2000ok HP-100A amp
- Rio Karma 20 GB
- Muvo2 512 MB

I might be somewhat limited by what I can carry, I'll see what I can manage tomorrow morning as I pack.

I know I can't stay very late (unfortunately), due to other arrangements.

Also, I must regret that both mpx3 and HD650 are no show for this meet.

Jul 15, 2004 at 8:40 PM Post #55 of 125
That's going to be some bus ride! If you could manage to bring the Prehead... call me selfish, but that's what I really care about hearing... who cares about everyone else?
evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #56 of 125
and bring at least the ultrasones as well for comparison

Jul 15, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #57 of 125
Im sure we all will bring some cd's so to make it easier for you 2 I will list the stuff im bringing, so you can leave cd's home if theyre the same.

Massive Attack - Mezzanine & blue lines, Devil Doll - Dies Irae & Eliogabalus, Faith no more - Angel dust, Barathrum - Hailstorm, Raisondetre - Collective archives cd1, Cemetary - Last confessions, Ulver - Marriage of heave and hell cd1 & cd2 & quick fix of melancoly, Sopor aeternus - The inexperienced spiral traveller & Dead lovers sarabande (Face1), The 3rd and the mortal - In this room, Tenhi - Väre, Tomahawk - Mitgas, Samael - Ceremony of opposites, Art of noise - The seduction of claude debussy & Who's afraid of the art of noise, Mr.bungle - Mr.bungle, At the gates - Slaughter of the soul, Amorphis - The karelian isthmus

Jul 16, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #58 of 125
And thanks to KJ and Halcyon for making this the definitive Helsinki meet that all future meets will be measured against.
smily_headphones1.gif

Luukas, get well soon! If you have to get your tonsils out, the good news is that you get to eat all the ice cream you would ever want. The bad news is that your throat hurts so bad that you don't want any. But for me anyway, I got well rather quickly after getting them yanked out, so if you have to go that route, it's a few days, and you start feeling really 1000% better (except for throat soarness).

If anyone care to read about my impressions, they are in the Meet Impressions forum. Pictures coming soon!

Jul 16, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #59 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Luukas, get well soon! If you have to get your tonsils out, the good news is that you get to eat all the ice cream you would ever want. The bad news is that your throat hurts so bad that you don't want any.

Heh, thanks. It's possible that I have a virus-based infection instead of tonsillitis, but I can't be sure yet. Maybe in a couple of days... at least my throat isn't as sore as it was in the morning. Still a bit of fever though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back