Head-fi Meet: The Finnish edition
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2004 at 11:28 AM Post #31 of 125
The more the merrier!
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2004 at 12:53 PM Post #32 of 125
As we get closer to the time, I think it's time to firm up what the exact times will be, what we will be doing, who will be showing up, and what we will have with us. I will have everything listed in my profile as well as some ath-ew9's and probably the Mint Vibe will be here by then.

I propose that we meet on the 16th. If anyone wants to have a multi-day meet where we hit the audio and record shops, I'm up for it. I just need an idea of how many people will actually be showing up so that we can make this thing official.
smily_headphones1.gif

NAD C542
Perreaux sxh-1
Pimeta
Total Bithead
Mint Vibe
iPod
Grundig 4100 Squixx
Technics sl-xp300
Philips pcdp - old one, not sure of the model number
Senn600's w/ Oehlbach cable, and my px200s if I can find them, mx500
Ety er6, 4p/s
dt770's, dt531s
ms-1 w/ flat pads and comfy pads
ath-ew9
Tara Labs Prism 500i IC's (1m)
Headphile CPU mini-rca (still not burned in, on my husband's setup)
AR mini-rca
Fiddler mini-mini
Plastics-one mini-mini(the one that comes with the TBH)
Custom mini-mini from Norm at Headsave.

And I think that's about it from me. If we want to go record shopping/audio store hunting, it's time to list which stores you want to hit.

Jul 2, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 125
Hoo boy, my "list" pales in comparison to that!
redface.gif
So, without further ado...

- Sony EX51 (the agony!)
- HD25-1
- Grado SR125 with bowl pads
- Propably my MP3 player

biggrin.gif

I don't suppose you'd have any DVD apps with Dolby Headphone support? I could consider taking my PC along if necessary - provided there's parking space.

Jul 3, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #35 of 125
I'm back in the rainy and gloomy Helsinki
smily_headphones1.gif

Is the final date set already?

I did receive my HP-100 headphone amplifier (starting burning in today) and will hopefully receive my Single Power MPX3 within a week or two as well.

HD650 still no show (haven't ordered yet, too expensive here in EU, imho).

Jul 7, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #37 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Shall we officially notify Jude now?
smily_headphones1.gif

Why not?

It seems my question about DH equipment got lost in transit - so, should I take my PC with me or...? Would just like to know in time
cool.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #38 of 125
I went ahead and notified Jude. We'll have two PC's here, one is an imac with a Total Bithead, the other is a Dell with a Terratec Aureon sky 5.1 soundcard. But if you have something different, we have the room for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #39 of 125
if you're interested, I might be able to get my USB DAC and a MINT out to you in time, possibly. I'll pay shipping one way, can't attend personally but if you're interested in the gear, I'd be happy to send it to you

g

Jul 10, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #40 of 125
Im coming 16th with no friend.Probaly by the pendolino to helsinki that morning.
My equptment list is even more pathetic. I will bring my Ultrasone 650DE, Philips exp511, and Sony mz-r900.

Jul 10, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #41 of 125
Guzzler, of course we're interested, but as we have no mail delivery on weekends, will this be cutting it too close? I think so... it's my fault for not seeing this earlier.
frown.gif

Speaking of which, KJ is coming into Helsinki at about 9:30, and wants to head up to a record shop nearby. I want to make this is as easy for me and everyone else as possible. Who is lugging lots of stuff, and who is coming by car, and who is coming by train?

For those coming by train, there are two possibilities to avoid getting lost, and the one you choose (and I think we should all choose the same one for simplicities' sake) will probably depend on how much walking you feel like doing and how much stuff you have to carry.

The first possibility is that we take the M train to the Pohjois Haaga station, and take the 51 bus to my place. It's a 5 minute ride, tough to get lost, and a shorter walk.

The second possibility is the 40, or 43 from Elielinaukio (next to the train station) to the second Ilkantie stop. That's less than 1km down Poutuntie to my place.

edit - And of course there's always the trusty cab.
wink.gif

Jul 12, 2004 at 11:51 AM Post #42 of 125
Hmm, I just realized the 16th is a Friday and not a Saturday. Of course I'm fine with that if you guys are, but the translating services of my husband won't be available until after 4pm, as his summer vacation was in June.

So here's a basic question, are talking Friday or Saturday?

Jul 12, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #43 of 125
Friday? The public transportation system works also then :p and if we want to visit any stores theres probaly litlebitless people and places are open longer.

Jul 12, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #44 of 125
Ok, that's fine with me. I just wanted people to be aware that the 16th is a Friday and not a Saturday.
biggrin.gif

My husband is actually pleased with this... he's not much into headphones, and gosh-darn, he's going to miss most of the fun.
wink.gif

edit - the reason I brought it up is that not everyone has their summer vacation in July.
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #45 of 125
dashed! I too should have checked back earlier, it's definately too late now
frown.gif
ah well, if there's a next time, don't hesitate to get in touch... Hope you have a great time,

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back