Head-fi Meet: The Finnish edition
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 125
Well if Halcyon can make it, it may not matter if no audio shop will "sponsor" us.
wink.gif
Our gear list is growing. But yeah, I like the idea of a multi-day meeting. I can imagine the looks on the salesmen's faces now as we raid the shops. And going to record-shops with fellow head-fiers could result in some good recommendations. I'll listen to anything that sounds good.

And obviously that picture of my living room is deceiving. It's a bit bigger. I think I was using the zoom function too much. And obviously there's still the kitchen and the bedroom. We should have plenty of room for stuff and people.

I just hope no one is afraid of dogs. We have a little dachshund (mäyräkoira), and while she's well-behaved around expensive audio gear, she's going to insist on kissing all of you many times - whether you want her to or not. It's her thing. She's extremely friendly.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #17 of 125
We will need to look to the date issue final time in june. Probaly then we all have our calendar marked so we know what dates exactly are possible. Lets call 15th of june the mark. That gives over a month time to prepare probaly.

May 7, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #18 of 125
As a news update, if I wasn't scammed on ebay, it looks like I'll have the dt531s to add to the meet. The pimeta also arrived. The Total Bithead will be having to go back for some repairs, but it should also be there by the time of the meet. If it's not there, then I can draw a picture explaining how groovy it sounded.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm really looking forward to a multi-day meet. KJ, did my plan for traveling with gear sound like a good one? I'd think that packed in their boxes, in suitcases, strapped securely to a small luggage cart really should be safe. Are you taking the train to Helsinki?

It's getting near that time to make a firm date. I'm free pretty much all summer.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit - Luukas, we're not in need of your cables and adapters anymore. Are you in need of them, or do you just want to wait until the meet?

May 9, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #19 of 125
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Luukas, we're not in need of your cables and adapters anymore. Are you in need of them, or do you just want to wait until the meet?

Well, I don't have any use for them right now, but if for some reason I'd need them before the meet I'll let you know
eggosmile.gif

May 31, 2004 at 11:04 AM Post #21 of 125
Looks like new setup wont arrive in time for the meet.

May 31, 2004 at 12:24 PM Post #22 of 125
I can't remember if my PC came with a 120 Ohm adapter? Well, I'll have to check.

However, my Prehead has both nominal 0 Ohm as well as 120 Ohm outputs. Also the ER 4P to 4S plug has a 80Ohm resistor (I think).

I should have the following additional stuff for the meeting (not in my profile yet):

- OK2000 tube/hybrid headphone amp
- Single Power MPX3 with upgrades
- Sennheiser HD 650

However, I may have to let some of the headphones go before that (HD 600, AKG K271S and maybe HFI 650) if all goes as I've planned.

regards,
halcyon

May 31, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #23 of 125
No problem, I already have the Senn 600s and the Meier cable. And cool, I see a tube amp will be making an appearence.
biggrin.gif

What happened with the trackmasters? They used to be the official headphone of Finnish head-fiers?
wink.gif
Didn't we all have a pair at one time or another?

I'm looking forward to music shopping with you guys as much as the headphone listening. I need to stock up on more music.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #24 of 125
This is slightly off-topic, but

I don't think Trackmasters are all bad.

My pet peewees (for me) are:

- too much clamping force (even though not in DT770 league)
- too sweaty in summer time (I'd prefer velour instead of fake leather)
- too small cups (to be really circumaural and not crushing my ears)
- too bright / fatiguing for me (I've been thinking of a sock mod)

If I could find a way to attach the DT770 velour pads there somehow and find a good replacement acoustic cloth to cover the drives, I think most of my complaints would be solved.

And doing a cable upgrade on that might finish the mods.

But it's too much effort and I've been starting to give up on ever doing the mods.

Jun 17, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 125
Lets get this issue rolling again. Sadly it seems I can only come helsinki at 16th of july. That means I could only attend if meet was then. So, what date do you propouse?

Jun 17, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #26 of 125
That's fine with me, I don't have anything going on that week. I have a dog show on the 25th of July (I think I do, have to talk to the breeder first), but otherwise it's fine with me if it's fine with everyone else.

Jun 22, 2004 at 10:56 AM Post #28 of 125
Update on my situation: I don't know yet when me and the missus will be able to hop onto a plane and have the long deserved holiday, so I can't make promises yet. I think 25th would be better for me, but can't promise anything.

Update on gear: HD600/AKG271s/HFI650/SR60 still here. mpx3/HP-100 headphone amps and HD-650 not here yet
frown.gif

Hopefully the gear (and I) will make it to the meet!

cheers,
Halcyon

PS I found the 120 ohm (Meier) adapter as well as the 70 Ohm (Ety) adapter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back