Head-Fi Gaming: Sennheiser GSX 1200 PRO Review
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #17 of 20
Aug 12, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 20
I would like to ask @AxelCloris about the newly released HiFiMan Ananda if it still retains the expansive soundstage of the Edition X?

Those two are among the few low-impedance planars that can be driven by Sennheiser GSX 1000, Others being Audeze LCD-X and Fostex TH-900.

The reason I'm skipping LCD-X is the feeling that their bass thickness compromises the width of an already compact soundstage.

The reason I'm skipping Fostex TH-900 is that V-shaped response scoopes the mids, and therefore affects "speech intelligibility". The formula for speech intelligibility - essential to movie watching and video games - is emphasis on the presence region between 1-4KHz (preferably at 3.4KHz) and some warmth from the bass region would help. This is important for my movie watching and game playing as I've been specifically seeking this feature. I see this factor is present on HiFiMam's Edition X and Ananda measurements.. and I've already fallen in love with Edition X, but the arrival of Ananda made me delay my purchase.

Needless to say that I like maximising the usage of my headphones to hobbies other than music, but music is my main aim.. and HiFiMan offerings are among my favorite for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back