Head-Fi Gaming Nights
Mar 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #16 of 48
I'm down for the occasional PC/Xbox session, but I'm in a different timezone so just add me and if I happen to be online, then we could play.

1. Mass Effect 3 (Xbox)
2. Battlefield 3 (PC)
3. Splinter Cell Conviction (PC/Xbox)
4. Gears of War 3 (Xbox)
5. SSF2T, SF3, SSFIV, UMvC3, VF5 (Xbox--I'm always here if anyone needs a pinata pal)
6. L4D2 (PC)

Xbox GT: Echo Nove
Steam/Origin username: macchiatomemory

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #17 of 48
Though I'm mostly just playing Mass Effect 3's single player atm, I get the itch to play Castlevania HD pretty much everyday. If any of you have it, and want some help, I'm down. PS3... I have it on the 360 too, but the game is pretty dead there, and my characters are absolutely vanilla, since my save file is on my ex's system.

Mar 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #20 of 48
die hard dota fan. has someone been mentioning League of Legends...?

Mar 17, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 48
Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a game night set up for next Friday and Saturday. I'd appreciate it if everyone has a mic. Everyone's commentary will be recorded and will be apart of the video uploads.

Who's up for Battlefield 3 (PS3), Black Ops (PS3/XBOX), Bad Company 2 (XBOX/PS3), Modern Warfare 3 (PS3...though I think the game sucks..) tonight sometime? I'll be on for the next three hours to play some games, so if interested send me a friend request on either the Xbox360 or PS3. 

I also picked up Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition for the PS3 for 420 brand new. I'm not used to this game as I've been devoting my time to UMvC3 for the Vita.

Mar 18, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #23 of 48
I've found that my PC can play Bad Company 1, but not Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3.... I wonder why? I think my PC is quite powerful..

Mar 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #24 of 48

Quote:
I've found that my PC can play Bad Company 1, but not Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3.... I wonder why? I think my PC is quite powerful..

That's not possible. The original Battlefield: Bad Company was never released on PC to begin with, and it's not easy to mistake that with the earlier titles that were PC-only (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142).

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 48

Quote:

Gimme the specs of your PC and I'll explain why

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #26 of 48
You are right my friend. It was not Bad Company, I meant to say Modern Warfare 2. I don't know where Bad Company came from though...

Here's my PC Specs:

RAM: 4GB DDR4 RAM (plus 4GB's of ReadyBoost virtual RAM, so 8GB total)
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
OS: Windows Vita / Windows 7 / Windows XP (Three HDD's)
PSU: [size=small]750W Antec Green[/size]
PC MAKE: Modded E-Machines, all parts are custom, gutted insides

And no I did not do any of the mods, my friend did them for me.

Quote:
That's not possible. The original Battlefield: Bad Company was never released on PC to begin with, and it's not easy to mistake that with the earlier titles that were PC-only (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Vietnam, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142).

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #27 of 48

Quote:
You are right my friend. It was not Bad Company, I meant to say Modern Warfare 2. I don't know where Bad Company came from though...

Here's my PC Specs:

RAM: 4GB DDR4 RAM (plus 4GB's of ReadyBoost virtual RAM, so 8GB total)
VIDEO: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
OS: Windows Vita / Windows 7 / Windows XP (Three HDD's)
PSU: [size=small]750W Antec Green[/size]
PC MAKE: Modded E-Machines, all parts are custom, gutted insides

And no I did not do any of the mods, my friend did them for me.

Your specs are certainly enough to play both Bad Company 2 as well as Battlefield 3.

You should do your gaming on Windows 7, both because newer games perform better on that OS, as wel as network performance being improved. Also, having your drivers up to date is rather important, but the GPU drivers to be installed should be version 295.73, which can be found on the Nvidia archive. The latest 296.10 have plenty of serious issues and are to be avoided.

And while you're gaming, you should disable Readyboost, as that cache hurts gaming performance.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #28 of 48
Even with ReadyBoost disabled both BF3 and BC2 lag badly. They have bad framerate issues like you wouldn't believe. I can figure out why they lag so much... 

I use the Windows Classic theme, to help improve performance. I have my GPU settings set to High Performance, via the NVidia control panel. AA is disabled as well as any other filtering.. I don't know what's going on. I only have some anti virus software running right now along with Windows 7 and I can't get them up to full speed. What's odd is that my PC can run Crysis on high with minimal lag, but the others are weird....

Quote:
Your specs are certainly enough to play both Bad Company 2 as well as Battlefield 3.

You should do your gaming on Windows 7, both because newer games perform better on that OS, as wel as network performance being improved. Also, having your drivers up to date is rather important, but the GPU drivers to be installed should be version 295.73, which can be found on the Nvidia archive. The latest 296.10 have plenty of serious issues and are to be avoided.

And while you're gaming, you should disable Readyboost, as that cache hurts gaming performance.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #29 of 48

Quote:
Even with ReadyBoost disabled both BF3 and BC2 lag badly. They have bad framerate issues like you wouldn't believe. I can figure out why they lag so much... 

I use the Windows Classic theme, to help improve performance. I have my GPU settings set to High Performance, via the NVidia control panel. AA is disabled as well as any other filtering.. I don't know what's going on. I only have some anti virus software running right now along with Windows 7 and I can't get them up to full speed. What's odd is that my PC can run Crysis on high with minimal lag, but the others are weird....

What Nvidia driver version do you have installed?

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #30 of 48
I have the 295.73 driver installed. I never update the drivers till the final version of them are available, or if they have their issues worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back