Head-Fi Folding@Home: Join the team!
Jul 31, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #166 of 384
Just wanted to say I joined the team and finished my first folding last night. It was big (I think), 10000! I might start folding with other computers in my house too. Just one question though, can folding 24/7 damage CPUs? My computers are not overclocked whatsoever.

Aug 1, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #168 of 384
I've joined the team but have a small problem, I can't get past my DSL modem. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. BTW - I will be using a Mac G4 Dual Processor. Also, I will be adding my son's new Dell Dimension XPS Gaming Series: Pentium 4 Processor at 3.2GHz with 800MHz front side bus. This machine flat out flys!

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
eggosmile.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #169 of 384
Can`t get past your DSL?

Meaning you cannot upload it?

PS: as i posted this, our rank was 701 of 32272

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #171 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Can`t get past your DSL?

Meaning you cannot upload it?

It says that it can't connect to the work server. So I assume that means that I am not connecting, yet it shows progress being made. Any ideas?

Aug 1, 2004 at 9:48 PM Post #173 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
It says that it can't connect to the work server. So I assume that means that I am not connecting, yet it shows progress being made. Any ideas?

Do you have a router? Firewall?

Also the server could have just been down at the moment.

Aug 1, 2004 at 10:10 PM Post #174 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
Do you have a router? Firewall?

Also the server could have just been down at the moment.

I have a DSL router and a software firewall.

Aug 2, 2004 at 7:25 PM Post #175 of 384
we've got more members. up to 34 now.

Jester - did you get the problem fixed? what software firewall are you using? if you are using Norton Firewall it apparently seems to have a lot of problems with the FAH client compatibility lately. there's a lot of info at www.folding-community.org so do a search there and hopefully you can find a way to fix the problem.

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #177 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by viviorunitia4
hey! Head-Fi Folding@Home reached 666th!
evil_smiley.gif

Jester, if you aren't already, try using ZoneAlarm for your firewall. It works with F@H and it's free

Does it work with a Mac?

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #178 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
we've got more members. up to 34 now.

Jester - did you get the problem fixed? what software firewall are you using? if you are using Norton Firewall it apparently seems to have a lot of problems with the FAH client compatibility lately. there's a lot of info at www.folding-community.org so do a search there and hopefully you can find a way to fix the problem.

Thanks I will give it a look. About to hit the road this week, so sadly this will have to wait until the weekend.
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2004 at 8:19 AM Post #180 of 384
35 members total.

welcome to the team skitlets.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back