Head-Fi Drama... So has there been any?
Jul 29, 2006 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

volcomjerk

100+ Head-Fier
You know we all love it! Everything seems too perfect here... everyone gets along. There has had to have been some threads that have had some drama. How about notoriously bastardly people?

Start linkin em people! Unless the mods bury them or delete them...?

Jul 29, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 9
Once you get over 1500 posts a secret forum opens up called--

Crap, I've said too many already...
redface.gif

Jul 29, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 9
Stick around. At times this place is like an Edward Albee play

Jul 29, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #5 of 9
There used to be some cool stuff on occasion, but nowadays the mods are very efficient at shutting it down.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
well there was the whole cincinnati incident...

I think this is the best one that I have seen... but mods usually try to delete everything very fast

Jul 29, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 9
We're all friends here.

'Cept for the non-believers.

Jul 29, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks, v'jerk! Always fun when a newbie expresses an interest in viewing our road kill. I'm not sure about the other mods, but I like it best when there isn't any drama going on here at Head-Fi. It allows me to read about things like, oh I don't know, headphones, amps, sources? Things like that, rather than changing some baby's diapers and then getting in a heated PM exhange about why I had to do so.

As for this thread, I'm thinking it's time to put it to bed before I start needing to give spankings again. But for the record, the following sub species of what you call 'drama' threads (sorry no links) are among my favorites:

"What? You think your headphones are better than mine?!?!? No way! I'm going to rip off your head and crap down your throat!"

These kinds of threads are tough to moderate because nobody really likes that kind of thing when it happens to them. Uck! Just the thought of it. I mean, losing my head would be bad enough.

"Jude, Shmood. I'm the man in charge and this place should be run my way!"

We get a lot of these, and they tend to have a short shelf life. Your ideas about how to run the place are always welcome. Yet, for some odd reason, they tend to get more consideration when the issues are raised outside of the public forums (can you say "PM"?) and in a respectful manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back