Head-fi Demographics
Dec 11, 2007 at 4:36 AM Post #18 of 48
Voted, not surprised by the numbers of college/grad/working 20+ yr olds. (i am in that range) But, I am surprised with the teens loving sound (makes me feel younger) haha. Peace out
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #20 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One suggestion I can make is to develop another rank or two above Supremeus. That might give incentive for some "older" HF'ers to stick around and keep posting. It's really a shame to lose people with experience.......

There is one title above Headphoneus Supremus. Its Headphoneus Tendonitis, after 50,000 posts. Instead of the free Orpheus phones, you get the black Mercedes.

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember seeing lots of demographics threads while I was in high school a couple years ago indicating head-fi is mostly college age to early 30s white and asian guys. Don't know how accurate those were or if they still are relevant.

Is the turn over rate for members high enough do you think that head-fi won't see much aging of the community over the next five or so years? It seems enough old members drift off into speaker-fi or just get bored as new members join, so I don't think there will be much community aging.

It will be interesting to watch though.

nailed it.

Dec 14, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #22 of 48
I voted, and I'm very surprised by the results...I'm also surprised at how few folks have voted...is this a small community? I didn't think it was with folks from all over the world on here...interesting...

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #23 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I remember seeing lots of demographics threads while I was in high school a couple years ago indicating head-fi is mostly college age to early 30s white and asian guys. Don't know how accurate those were or if they still are relevant.

Is the turn over rate for members high enough do you think that head-fi won't see much aging of the community over the next five or so years? It seems enough old members drift off into speaker-fi or just get bored as new members join, so I don't think there will be much community aging.

It will be interesting to watch though.

Actually, despite any turnover, I'm still surprised, and glad, at how many numbers we have in each category. It's nice to see a spread.

Dec 15, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If another custom title is enough incentive for someone to remain here when they otherwise would not then they are, lets be honest, pretty sad.

Indeed. However, re-ask yourself that question in a few decades. You "might" answer it differently in the future.
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be an incentive for new members to post-whore it up.
biggrin.gif

Could we impose a daily limit?
wink.gif
Or at least a requirement that posts are more than "LOL" or some form of repeating the title. Sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back