Head-fi Austin - January 18 2014
Jan 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #137 of 180
Howdy All!

Just joined here a few days ago. I want to say this site is awesome. 

I am looking forward to the Austin meetup. 

I just purchased some HD 650's after reading about them extensively on here and I am amazed at the sound. I have about 3 other pair of Sennheisers (598, 25, 218) and now I'm loving the 650's too. 

I have never had the opportunity to listen to headphone amplifiers, and hope I can listen to a few at the meeting. I have really had my eye on the Bifrost/Lyr setup.

Thanks again. 

-Mike

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #139 of 180
Hi Mike. Welcome.   You'll definitely have tons of amps to listen to.  There'll be lots of music there but it's not a bad idea to make a sampler CD of some of you're favorite songs that you know well and can use to audition your phones with when plugged into unfamiliar gear.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #140 of 180
That is a great idea, Thanks!

-Mike

Jan 14, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #142 of 180
Got a box of CDs and a crate of records ready to go! Excited for this weekend.

Me, too, but mostly jazz and classical.  I will have a few "audiophile" records for sale.

Jan 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #144 of 180
If it helps ease the hit, fwiw my gf is coming with me so that's another $20, she is using my gear.

Jan 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #145 of 180
This is going to be my first meet! I'll bring my HD650 and a couple CDs/LPs. I really just wanna hear some different amps, in particular tubes and good tube hybrids (Woo stuff, Valhalla/Lyr, etc). Everyone says the HD650s need tubes to really sound their best but so far all of my gear has been solid state as quality tube gear is prohibitively expensive. I at least wanna know what I'm missing, haha.

I also wanna hear the Grado RS2i... although there isn't one on the list currently :frowning2: the RS1i will do I suppose. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it and they'll be the next addition to my collection, but I wanna be sure.

I'm not sure about signing up for a table... is this a place where I could get rid of some gear? I'm trying to sell my HE-400s and an Aune T1...

EDIT: Also, where am I paying by PayPal? I think I missed the link heh...

EDIT2: I can also just bring the Aune T1 and HE-400, for sale or not, if anyone would be into that. I also have M50s, SR80i, and an Asgard 2 that probably won't be back from Schiit in time for this weekend.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #146 of 180
The link is in the first post (tinyurl link) for signup. The paypal address is listed on that page and you can request a table there. Selling things is perfectly fine! Just leave a page on your table with pricing so you don't have to be tracked down every time someone is interested.

--

To all wanting to pay via paypal, I will only take paypal until midnight tomorrow night (Wednesday night).

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #147 of 180
Thanks, FYI I'll have signed up twice on that link... the first one can just be discarded. But I just sent the payment. Super excited!

EDIT: Also have an ODAC and AMB Gamma2 Full++ that I can bring along if there's interest...

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #148 of 180
Looks like I am able to make it this weekend. I'll only be bringing records this time so no space is needed for me. I already did the whole google form and paypal link so everything is all set. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #149 of 180
Tonight is the last night to PayPal. Cash at the door only after tonight.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #150 of 180
I'm not sure if I can go there, so I'll probably have to pay out of pocket as I get to the place

Also I'm not packing much, only an SRH840 and my Walkman with the ALO Rx MKII. I just want to try out the gear I couldn't afford lol 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back