Head-Fi Art Club
Dec 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #106 of 223
Unfortunately I have no skill with a pencil, but I do have some skill with musical instruments. My family does indeed have artistic talent, so is it OK if I brag for them?

Here's some of my daughter's artwork. This one is a graphic novel she is drawing for a school project (New Media Design student at RIT) - all digitally drawn and colored

More details of the actual pages and other stuff here: http://d-letion.tumblr.com/

Some of my daughter's fine art from way back in high school - oils

My wife is also a quilt teacher. Here's some of her award winning textile art.

\

Wow those are really amazing

Yea, I hear they are.

Professional photos, ie magazine etc, are usually pretty bad for life reference because the lighting is often unnatural and in combination with the touch-ups create unrealistic skin tones, etc. but they're so pretty lol.

Yeah... I took one of my Cosplay photo books and used the image as reference... I spent a long time mixing with like up to 4 colours at one go and I still can't get it right

But she is so pretty OMG (without makeup is another question though)

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #107 of 223
Wow those are really amazing
Yeah... I took one of my Cosplay photo books and used the image as reference... I spent a long time mixing with like up to 4 colours at one go and I still can't get it right

But she is so pretty OMG (without makeup is another question though)

Lol!

Yea. Color is rough. If you have a chance, take a look at the book Alla Prima. There's an amazing section on color. It's mainly about oils, but I'm sure it's highly applicable in general.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #108 of 223

Gonna try colouring a car. I chose a Ferrari 308 GTB for my first attempt.

For accuracy, I used the grid method to sketch out the 308 GTB for coloring

Now lets see how it turns out

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #109 of 223
A bit of progression, blocking out colours here and there

And done

The colour of Christmas is red...

So in the spirit of Christmas, here is the Ferrari 308 GTB

First coloured artwork, very proud of it, probably gonna frame it and hang it up

Learnt something though... soft colour pencils aren't really great for details, would be nice to have a set of harder pencils (i.e. Derwent Artist or Prismacolor Verithin)

Derwent Coloursoft on Daler-Rowney Cartridge

Dec 24, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #110 of 223
^ looks fantastic. Great job!

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #111 of 223
http://www.head-fi.org/t/747773/audio-as-life-and-art

Dec 26, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #112 of 223

Testbed for Canson 1557 sketchpad

Introducing the famous Yao Ming face
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #113 of 223
  Unfortunately I have no skill with a pencil, but I do have some skill with musical instruments. My family does indeed have artistic talent, so is it OK if I brag for them?

Here's some of my daughter's artwork. This one is a graphic novel she is drawing for a school project (New Media Design student at RIT) - all digitally drawn and colored

More details of the actual pages and other stuff here: http://d-letion.tumblr.com/

You do have one talented family, and looking at your wife's work, one can see where your daughter gets her talent from. This image here is outstanding. Reminds me of some of the novels I read as a child. You should be sure to give her our compliments, I'd be surprised if she doesn't receive enough of them in the real world.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #115 of 223
^ +1

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #116 of 223
Thanks everyone. Yeah, she's got some real talent ... definitely from her mother. Unfortunately she is tone deaf, so she didn't inherit any of my musical talent. That went to my younger daughter.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #119 of 223
anime style sketch in Mischief.
it's rough but I like it.

Dec 31, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #120 of 223
Happy New Year Art Club!

A phone thumb sketch I am pretty fond of

Users who are viewing this thread

Back