Head-Fi Art Club
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #136 of 223
Nice. The car body is shaded really nicely. Maybe I'll throw in some constructive criticism? I think the background could be a little blacker using a darker pencil to create more contrast with the red car body - I'll think it'll make the car stand out more that way IMO. You could also use a soft (or better - moldable eraser) to smudge the grey areas to give a smoother and more uniform shading :wink: Keep it up!

Hmm firstly point taken, would work on it in future works

Secondly this was done with Derwent water-soluble graphitone, pretty much doesnt erase after it is wet and washed...

And the blotches is pretty much the result of inexperience with the materials, should be better as time goes

[rule]

Anyway great artworks from all so far, I would update the page as I soon as I get home on Friday to reflect the newer nice works I have seen haha

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #137 of 223
Jan 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #138 of 223
  Does 3D count?

Here's some older stuff, most of my newer work is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), so I won't be able to show it for awhile.

@Taowolf51 , do you mind disclosing what software you used for these works. I spy Zbrush. They are great, btw.

Feb 20, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #142 of 223
  Still quite empty eh...

What a coincidence - I just booked out of camp for the first time after my enlistment into NS, check this thread and I see this rifle again -.- I've seen enough of it for the pass two weeks haha.
Anyway a platoon duty sergeant requested a drawing of Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED from me. I think it is visibly quite different stylistically from my drawings before - I'm trying a new style! I'll post it soon.

EDIT: Here it is:

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #143 of 223
  What a coincidence - I just booked out of camp for the first time after my enlistment into NS, check this thread and I see this rifle again -.- I've seen enough of it for the pass two weeks haha.
Anyway a platoon duty sergeant requested a drawing of Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED from me. I think it is visibly quite different stylistically from my drawings before - I'm trying a new style! I'll post it soon.

EDIT: Here it is:

Heh I wish I had a sergeant like that in PTP/BMT... my adjustment week is still pretty bad despite being in a company that is well known to be more "slack" LOL
I think you would be grinning happily when you see the SAR-21 in the future... you haven't seen the other weapons in the SAF yet heh
Well what coy haha, I'm curious lol... Anything NS related also can ask me lol, I am in active unit and I have seen a lot of different things in my service haha...

The artwork is great, kinda reminds me of OreGairu's Yukino.
Love the shading, I have no idea how to paint digitally so this work is extremely admirable lol.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #144 of 223
Heh I wish I had a sergeant like that in PTP/BMT... my adjustment week is still pretty bad despite being in a company that is well known to be more "slack" LOL
I think you would be grinning happily when you see the SAR-21 in the future... you haven't seen the other weapons in the SAF yet heh
Well what coy haha, I'm curious lol... Anything NS related also can ask me lol, I am in active unit and I have seen a lot of different things in my service haha...

The artwork is great, kinda reminds me of OreGairu's Yukino.
Love the shading, I have no idea how to paint digitally so this work is extremely admirable lol.

Apparently I got into one of the most hardcore companies. Unlucky me.
Yes, keen observation. I've been referring to some of ponkan8's artworks recently as I try to adapt his style into my works :)

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #145 of 223
Apparently I got into one of the most hardcore companies. Unlucky me.
Yes, keen observation. I've been referring to some of ponkan8's artworks recently as I try to adapt his style into my works
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like Taurus. Well good luck, work together with your buddies and all should be fine.

Hmm yes the illustrator for OreGairu is pretty good, like his style and I think his style is one of the better ones I have seen when it comes to light novels (one of my favourites along with abec).
Keep drawing, I think it would be nice if you have time to do some sketching in your free time in camp, most of my works here are done in camp lol.

Probably would so another army related artwork soon haha

Apr 25, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #149 of 223
It's been really quiet...
Managed to squeeze out some time of my super-duper busy schedule to complete this piece. Felt like a long time since I did one.
I've omitted some content (hidden some layers) because I don't think it'd be good to those show here since this piece is at the request of a friend.

And the process:

Thanks for looking :)

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #150 of 223
Wow that is really nice

I think I should pick up digital artwork again lol

Anyway kinda inactive cause there is nothing new from others and if I keep posting it becomes more of my show off thread which I don't want it to be

In a slump too, I tried to draw Yoshino Nanjo and it turned out quite badly, so I halted for now

Meanwhile some I have done

nissan_skyline_gt_r__r34__by_kaixax555-d8l9mva.jpg

koenigsegg_ccx_by_kaixax555-d8p1i36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back