Head-Fi Art Club
Nov 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #46 of 223
Semi-"finished" thumb phone sketches continue...

I like the Ferarri-like vent rendering right by the door, otherwise, it's pretty darn rough, and incredibly overwrought :D

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #47 of 223
Grue

One of My old sculptures, needs dusting.
The eyes are ball bearings, the sculpture was built around the Hatchet I made as an earring when I used to have hair 
biggrin.gif

Violet interference pigment on flat black, supersculpey as the medium.

Great work fellas, there is a tight limitation on thumbs ups for me, or I'd be doing it to all of Your submissions.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #48 of 223
A lot of awesome work so far, glad this thread is starting to pick up, thank you guys and keep the art going...

Meanwhile I will try to finish the works I have and get them up soon, my submission rate is slowing down rapidly LOL

Dec 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #49 of 223

Lockheed, the opposite of Grue.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #51 of 223
Grue

One of My old sculptures, needs dusting.

The eyes are ball bearings, the sculpture was built around the Hatchet I made as an earring when I used to have hair :D

Violet interference pigment on flat black, supersculpey as the medium.

Great work fellas, there is a tight limitation on thumbs ups for me, or I'd be doing it to all of Your submissions.

Makes it look very metallic. Super cool.
My sculptures have been limited to the head of Super Mario made of kneaded erasers in like the 8th grade. Wonder if I have a photo on an old phone...

[rule]

Another iPhone thumb sketch, of the more "finished" variety:

there was some talk on the acceptance of sex vs violence on another thread and it got me to want to do a drawing that had some tropes of sex appeal. It ended up going in a different direction than i originally intended but I'm happy with the result. I also had no intention of taking this one as far as I did, and there are still a lot of unfinished/unpolished sections:

Not sure which I like better, with semi-reflective tights/stockings or without.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #53 of 223
Good God.
I don't usually post OPA, but do yourself a flavour,
& put a good 5 minute song on and watch: 
this time-lapse in painter 2015 this talented artist created.

my yardstick is inspiration, & i was both relaxed and inspired by this, much the way drawing relaxes me.

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #54 of 223
Got this done recently, lesson learnt being I need to learn to shade dark, like really.

Secondly the K550 looks awesome so here is a drawing of one

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #56 of 223
  try to learn the color channel trick and tune monochrome pictures as a reference ... =)

Yeah I used that, that helped to force me to go darker but I think I should go even more darker lol

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #58 of 223
Got this done recently, lesson learnt being I need to learn to shade dark, like really.

Secondly the K550 looks awesome so here is a drawing of one

Just say you do high key drawings and call it a day. =)

My black and white photography is usually pretty low key by preference.

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #59 of 223
Just say you do high key drawings and call it a day. =)

My black and white photography is usually pretty low key by preference.

Lol

I actually like low key too

I think my next drawing will fare better, looks awesome on Bristol Board

Users who are viewing this thread

Back