Head-Fi Art Club
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #31 of 223
Does 3D count?

Here's some older stuff, most of my newer work is under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), so I won't be able to show it for awhile.

3D is fine too

I also do 3D as well

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #34 of 223
Good stuff guys!

More thumb art:

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #36 of 223

T-Shirt Castle for a Friend's Kid.

Background done in Painter 2015 with a wacom tablet.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #37 of 223
^ those really do look like physical media!

I really have no idea how to draw on a phone

I just suck at digital media haha

It's getting easier to expect what I can't see under my fat thumb and quickly hitting undo after a bad stroke lol.

Nov 27, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #38 of 223
Changing styles a bit, the phone thumb drawings continue:

For those in the US, happy Thanksgiving Art Club!

Edit: this image is also an optical illusion :rolleyes:

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #39 of 223
What I like is that, unlike having an artspace or deviantart or pixiv, there's no pressure here to post finished work, and that's great for me because I don't "finish" not really plan to finish anything. So I can just post the "sketches" I'm happy with in this thread.

That said, I'll be posting a couple of sketches that I've "finished" next. Thanksgiving was a good sketch day for me and the iPhone 5S.

Too lazy to clean everything(read: anything) up and didn't start from the ground up expecting to, and waaaay to lazy to fix any changes needed to proportions or physical fallacies/impossibilities:

Nov 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #40 of 223
Double post. Deleted.

Nov 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #41 of 223
Not sure if it really fits here, as I'm not really an artist, but I do stained (art) glass as a hobby when I have free time.  Here is a photo of my latest lamp.  It is a 20" Waterlilly reproduction of a  pattern from Tiffany Studios.

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #42 of 223
Not sure if it really fits here, as I'm not really an artist, but I do stained (art) glass as a hobby when I have free time.  Here is a photo of my latest lamp.  It is a 20" Waterlilly reproduction of a  pattern from Tiffany Studios.

That's amazing. I've seen a few Tiffany lamps and there is just something about them.

If you choose to post them, I look forward to seeing more when you get them done.

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #43 of 223

This is pwetty 
blink.gif

very well done... (thumbs up)

Nov 29, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #44 of 223
That's amazing. I've seen a few Tiffany lamps and there is just something about them.

If you choose to post them, I look forward to seeing more when you get them done.

This is pwetty 
blink.gif

very well done... (thumbs up)

Thanks for the positive comments.  The Waterlilly lamp is part of a series of them that I'm doing as gifts for my brothers.  I am currently working on another and will post photos when I'm done, but that won't be until probably January at the rate I'm going.  Here is one I completed a couple of years ago.  It is a 16" Tulip, again a Tiffany studios reproduction.  Hope it meets with everyone's approval.

Nov 30, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #45 of 223
can't wait for the January reveal
smile.gif

an interruption to the thumb paintings, just tried out this new art software called Mischief I stumbled upon and it is a seriously a great, powerful and simple piece of kit. an absolute joy to sketch on with the ThinkPad 10. Went full-on comic style with this sketch. Due to the way the software works, art is exportable at ridiculous sizes with no loss in resolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back