Quote:
Partner: Myaman

Gift: Ashes Against the Grain

WOW!! thank you for the gift!!!
I'll be listening to it tonight 
gs1000.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #34 of 91
Dec 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #37 of 91
Had MorbidToaster as my exchange partner this year... All I can say is, if you get paired up with him, consider yourself lucky :D
Ended up with a boatload of CDs this year... I told him I liked electronica, but this is all new to me! Making my way through all of it, so far so good.

BT - Morceau Subrosa

Dub FX - Everythinks a Ripple

Dub FX & Sirius - A Crossworlds

Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes

Lorn - Ask the Dust

Two Fingers (AKA Amon Tobin) - Stunt Rhythms

Yakoob - One

And finally, a feel-good folk CD (that happens to be really well-mastered) from some acquaintances of his, Jon and DianaJo Burleson - New Moon Rising.

I've been spoiled this year, it seems. Makes my gift to him seem real lame, hah.

Dec 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #38 of 91
My partner was rroseperry. We only exchanged a couple PM's about some general genres to avoid but left it open-ended.

He sent me Le pas duchat noir by Anouar Brahem. It's a trio consisting of oud, piano, and accordion. Since I can't read French, I can't really give you anything off the liner notes, but I can say it's not quite like anything I've ever heard before. So far I find it absolutely brilliant. It's also a stellar recording.

I have to say that I'm very pleased :)

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #39 of 91
My partner was Soundfreaq.  He sent me The Flashbulb - Soundtrack to a Vacant Life.  Never heard of it, I'm going to start digging into it tomorrow at work and I'll post my thoughts.  He also sent me the Rachmaninov Piano Concertos 1 & 4 and Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, which is totally awesome.  Thanks dude!

-OFS

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #45 of 91
Quote:
Partner: Myaman

Gift: Ashes Against the Grain

WOW!! thank you for the gift!!!
I'll be listening to it tonight 
gs1000.gif

Another I don't know but want to check out. What album is this?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back