Head-Fi 2012 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #16 of 91
Got my discs today from two exchanges:

Ricky Skaggs - Music to My Ears
Hoobastank - Every Man For Himself
Audioslave

Edit: Listened to all three and all were great!

Lots of fun

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #20 of 91
My Gift just arrived. You've got to love amazon...

The cd's are actually broken in half
rolleyes.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #21 of 91

The cd's are actually broken in half :rolleyes:

That is horrible, I would contact Amazon and demand some replacement CD's.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #22 of 91
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

That has never happened to me with Amazon.....that may be the fault of the courier/postman.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #24 of 91
Whoops. I started a thread like this too, but yours was first, I just missed it. I'll just copy and paste what I put in mine.
My gift exchange partner was vampire5003, he lives in Texas too, so I got my CDs fast.

He gifted me Louis Armstrong Plays W. C. Handy, John Coltrane A Love Supreme, and Charles Mingus Mingus Ah Um.

Very happy with my presents been enjoying them all day (especially Mingus!)

My exchange partner was RootsRockReggae, and as said before we both live in the old star state. So shipping was incredibly fast :D.

He gifted me Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon in 180 gram vinyl with the digital downloads for the whole album in 320kbps, but it doesn't stop there! He also gifted me the Rocket Juice and The Moon by Damon Albarn, Tony Allen and Flea. Both these gifts were gift wrapped, double boxed and brand new! I feel bad that I didn't buy Andrew more CD's, but I can say these are amazing gifts!

Thank you,

Thomas

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 91
Quote:

It's amazon's responsibility no? I've contacted my Gift partner, lets hope he can contact Amazon and make them send new ones :)

I'm sure they will send new ones without any complaint.
smile.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #26 of 91
I've had problems with new discs arriving from Amazon in poor condition, but they are excellent about giving you refunds or replacement disks. It's a pretty painless process.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #27 of 91
My exchange partner was RootsRockReggae, and as said before we both live in the old star state. So shipping was incredibly fast :D.
He gifted me Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon in 180 gram vinyl with the digital downloads for the whole album in 320kbps, but it doesn't stop there! He also gifted me the Rocket Juice and The Moon by Damon Albarn, Tony Allen and Flea. Both these gifts were gift wrapped, double boxed and brand new! I feel bad that I didn't buy Andrew more CD's, but I can say these are amazing gifts!
Thank you,
Thomas

Very happy you like them! :) I have been listening to my gifts nonstop!

Thank you,

Andrew

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #28 of 91
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Wow... the carriers get so careless this time of year. My K167 box looked like it took a huge hit to one side (SEVERELY dented) luckly whoever packaged it put the box off-center inside it so was on other side of damaged area. then my CD looked fine but the jewel case was cracked and chipped (I replaced the body) CD was fine, but since yours had paper//cheap covering and not jewel...yeah ouch!

The Trifonic album art looked so cool I ended up using my emusic credits up on it xD ojeez.

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #29 of 91

Aww yeah. My partner was mbritt--thanks dude. Can't wait to crack these open tonight at work and bliss out to them. (Instead of working. Work is overrated.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back