HEAD-F1 HF-2, who else have it? post your serial number here.
Jul 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #46 of 57
Looks like there's at least 44 F1's out there (the entire 1st shipment).
Anyone have any idea when Todd is back from vacation and when we might be hearing from Todd/Grado re/ subsequent shipments?

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #47 of 57
#43 with Head-F1.

Having only received them today, I'm enjoying them thus far but honestly I have to say that I don't think the value is there. Having been a Grado fan since finding my way to Head-Fi, I can't say that I've ever been satisfied with their quality and workmanship. It's only because their cans sound great that I haven't complained too much but at $429, it's getting a bit ridiculous. The HF1 on the other hand was quite a value.

Jul 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #48 of 57
Interesting. Your the first person who has owned the headphone who is a Grado fan to have this perspective, with the exception of myk7000 (I think) who was recently dropped back to an SR60 as his preferred Grado can. Do you feel there simply isn't any increase or change in the SQ of the HF2 relative to the HF1?

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #49 of 57
sorry i should've been more clear that i was referring to workmanship and what you get from the packaging/quality/etc. my point was that for $429 the quality should've been better. i'll hold judgment on the sound as they haven't been on my head for more than an hour but first impressions are quite positive. it's been a while since i've last heard the HF1.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #50 of 57
Cool.

Well... that's Grado, in a nutshell. F1 or other finishing issues aside, they are put together like a 1930's headphone... but they sound great, if you like that sound, and there isn't anything else out there that really mimics them.

Sometimes I wish they'd just sit down for 2 weeks and come up with a better headband assembly. I never did understand why even there top tier cans are put together like an SR60. It just seems they could come up with something that felt a little sturdier but still gave off that Grado flavor.

Meh, I had no real complaints about my 125s for the entire time I owned them. They work fine and sound great, and if that's what I get with my HF-2, when it gets here, I'll be happy.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #51 of 57
I received my HF2 and I aslo have F1. My serial number is 42.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #52 of 57
Well, at least with HEAD-F1.org and HEAD-F1.com forwarding to HEAD-FI's website, if hundreds of F1 get sent out head-fi will still get some love from peeps looking for HEAD-F1 on the web...

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, at least with HEAD-F1.org and HEAD-F1.com forwarding to HEAD-FI's website, if hundreds of F1 get sent out head-fi will still get some love from peeps looking for HEAD-F1 on the web...

...Way to be proactive!
wink.gif

-HK sends

Jul 7, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #54 of 57
Yea I checked those links HPA, priceless
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #57 of 57

Users who are viewing this thread

Back