Head-Direct RE0 for Trance???
Feb 6, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 40
Trance doesn't need thumping bass.. RE0 will be fine. Haven't used but trance DEFINITELY doesn't need thumping bass. Its not hardstyle -_-

I was surprised when i got my "bass light" K701's that they'll be terrible for "all electronic music". I'm listening to all electronic genres fine :\ (okay unless i feel like listening to hardstyle/hardcore or whatever but thats not really the point :p)

Feb 6, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #17 of 40
The bass goes quite deep which is nice and I don't listen to trance but I got into Infected Mushroom for a while and the speed and clarity made it TOO intense for me, I found it very fatiguing and I haven't noticed this with any other genre. Maybe I just don't get trance but you can draw your own conclusion.

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #19 of 40
trance without bassy output doesnt quite make it a great experience...but the bass should be clean, powerful, punchy and not bloated, muddy.

..i can think of IE8, IE7 , Westone 3, Atrio M5, Ultimate ears UE700 for trance.

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #20 of 40
RE0 will likely not be engaging enough for trance music due to the bass that is there but simply lacks definition. You'll know the bass is there, but you won't feel the impact of the notes.
The RE0 is mindlessly neutral, and it doesn't really do anything that would stand out.
Get a bassy IEM, but as Nocturnal310 said, the bass has to be clean.
I'm thinking Atrio M5, S4 in your price range. Of course, IE8 and W3 if you can afford them.

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE0 will likely not be engaging enough for trance music due to the bass that is there but simply lacks definition. You'll know the bass is there, but you won't feel the impact of the notes.
The RE0 is mindlessly neutral, and it doesn't really do anything that would stand out.
Get a bassy IEM, but as Nocturnal310 said, the bass has to be clean.
I'm thinking Atrio M5, S4 in your price range. Of course, IE8 and W3 if you can afford them.

I used to think so too, until I did a mod - I removed the yellow foams and put the back in so that there is some space between the foam and the driver. After I did it, the bass came to life. It's still low on impact, but it's now got really good definition! Maybe it's psychological, but I no longer think RE0 bass is not tight enough. But for trance, I would still pick a bassier can.

Feb 6, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #23 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to think so too, until I did a mod - I removed the yellow foams and put the back in so that there is some space between the foam and the driver. After I did it, the bass came to life. It's still low on impact, but it's now got really good definition! Maybe it's psychological, but I no longer think RE0 bass is not tight enough. But for trance, I would still pick a bassier can.

I took the foam out to perform the foam mod, tried it, didn't like it at all as the mids seemed to disappear way too far out, and put the foam back in. I didn't stuff it in, so I don't think it's too close to the driver.
I didn't notice any difference post re-insertion.
I don't think it lacked definition ie. being able to tell that a note was produced or the details, but the impact just isn't there for me, so it doesn't really let the note pop out, it kind of just keeps it mellow. I listen to music with a fair amount of slap bass, so you can tell when the note was made, but if it weren't for the percussion effect the slap/pluck makes it would kind of just sound smooth and the same.
It's a difficult thing to explain, as I think the bass is pretty good, but the RE0 just lacks the bass impact. It's part of the RE0 sound signature IMO, just as neutral as can be with nothing sticking out and nothing missing. The bass has definition, just not the impact kind of definition.

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #25 of 40
The RE0 probably has a bit less than the PFE and a bit more than the ER4P. All have good bass, with the PFE having the most impact between itself and the RE0 (haven't heard the ER4P so can't comment)

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #27 of 40
Hm, i would say UE TripleFi 10Pro will have all for you: enough and detailed bass and perfect mids together with crisp highs. I really love mine for all kind of music, but most of my time I listen to EDM and never missed anything...

Cheers
Chris

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #29 of 40
Trance with the ER4 is great. Fast and detailed with deep bass. Just isn't pounding unless you EQ.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #30 of 40
OP: you have the D2 which has noticeable bass roll off with anything less than 75Ω - I would suggest either getting an amp or something like the RE0 which isn't 16Ω. Any 16Ω-32Ω iem out there will either boom (with no rumble), or close your head in with a suffocated stage. An amp will do wonders with any portable earphone.

I listen to 90% trance (Kaleidascope Tiesto now) and can recommend: Monster Turbine (maybe too much bass), Monster Turbine Pro Atrio (same), RE2, CK10, Mingo WM2, Any non R11 from MEELectronics, iMetal 590 - they are all good.

In particular, I listen for space and speed, not for bass impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back