HE90 warmup/break-in.
Jul 10, 2005 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Guss2

500+ Head-Fier
I'm new to the electrotat game,so how much warmup time do the HE90's really need to sound their best?Also,will the HE90's go through break-in changes like my HD650's did(2-300 hours) or is that just a dynamic thing?Thanks guys.Gary.

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 21
Very few people have had the HE-90s new...I am interested in the answers to these questions but I think you will be providing them yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 10, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 21
NOOOOO!!
SHUT UP! PLEASE!!!!
I can't take this. Only someone evil would inflict their owning an HE-90 on the world. If you own it keep quiet before I conflagrate! Forget burning in you cans, I'm burning up with jealousy!

Congrats on your purchase. I don't know if you've electrostats before. In my humble cheapo stats, not only do they require a LOOONG burn in, they need to be left on... ...constantly. Loss of charge is death to the sound.

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 21
Thanks for the advice kartik.GS,will you be coming to the Melbourne meet,because that is likely the first time my HE90's will be fired up,if I get them by then.Keep them coming guys.Gary.

Jul 10, 2005 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 21
I've personally been wondering more about the normal power up time for them to charge up. Does it vary by amplifer or is it pretty constant across amplifiers? How long does it usually take?

Jul 10, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer
I've personally been wondering more about the normal power up time for them to charge up. Does it vary by amplifer or is it pretty constant across amplifiers? How long does it usually take?

Not to rain on this high end parade, but my Koss stats take about 2-3 HOURS to fully fire up. Till then, they are about as much fun as an HD-600 and as wild too.

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #7 of 21
See, told you meatsticks, we would be getting all sort of he90 threads...

The he60/hev70 combo fires on all cylinders in 45-60 mins. But if you leave it on all the time then it's good to go and up for it all the time.

Jul 11, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
See, told you meatsticks, we would be getting all sort of he90 threads...

Yup, I was thinking about that prediction when I saw this thread!
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info...
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 21
Normally, I leave the HEV90 off with the HE90's plugged in to one of the sockets, and then just turn the key to the on position when my ears want a treat. It takes maybe 15 seconds for the amp to click in (there is a red light that flashes rapidly until the amp clicks in and is ready to go). The HE90's are by that time charged well enough to sound amazing. Whether they get better a couple of hours later, I'm not sure. I've never done any time lapse comparisons with the same music, but it's worth trying. If there is any improvement at all with warm up, I suspect it's pretty subtle.

Jul 11, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari
Unlike the Omega-II the HE90 is good to go almost instantaneously. Give it a few seconds and you are hearing the best sound money can buy in the headphone jungle.

Dude, why torture yourself in this thread? You know what it's like blah, blah he90, yada yada.

Anyway a headfier in Texas has got one so you can go over and listen to it anyway.

Jul 11, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2
Sorry guys did'nt mean to bore you with the same old drivel your used to hearing.I guess we'll just discontinue this thread.Gary.

Dude, it was a joke. GS ferrari loves the he90. He also lets people know it. So i like to troll him on it.

Senn electrostats are pretty good. THe omega 2's charge up time though...that's another story....

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 21
which brings me onto another valid point. How long do electrostats maintain their charge before they end up sounding like ipod earduds? All drivers eventually fail. Dynamic or electrostat they all down the pan sooner or later.

And with the he90 not being cheap and money invested in good amp to make them sing then it's a big ticket investment....drivers for those bad boys don't come cheap....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back