HE90 - New batch?
Mar 3, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
Don't forget the PS-1 and HP-1000!

My apologies. Had no intention leaving out any of the great headphones.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
I'm one of the lucky ones who got one in the latest batch HE90s, and I'm really amazed how superior the HE90 is to the other headphones that I've heard. They include the R10, K1000, HE60, etc., etc. I think that frequent and repeated inquiries regarding more HE90s should be made to Jan Meier, and also directly to Sennheiser. Our exasperation with the lack of electrostatic headphones that are equal to, or even exceed the performance of the HE90 should also be directed to other headphone producers, such as Stax, Koss, Grado, etc. It's really inconceivable that none of the engineers at these companies have the skills to design headphones that exceed the performance of the HE90, which was produced by technology which is rather ancient by this time.

I've never listened to the HE90, but I have the HE60 with "power-supply-improved"HEV70, and I think it's one of the best headphone I've ever heard, together with R10, K1000 (@ optimal amplification) and OmegaII.
For sure the best headphone I've ever had in my rig.

To say all what I think... I think that Sennheiser did a wonderful job with these electrostatic headphone, I think they will totally blow away the Lambdas, and can be compared to well amped OmegaII.

bye
Andrew

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:38 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
I've never listened to the HE90, but I have the HE60 with "power-supply-improved"HEV70, and I think it's one of the best headphone I've ever heard, together with R10, K1000 (@ optimal amplification) and OmegaII.
For sure the best headphone I've ever had in my rig.

To say all what I think... I think that Sennheiser did a wonderful job with these electrostatic headphone, I think they will totally blow away the Lambdas, and can be compared to well amped OmegaII.

bye
Andrew

Which power supply did you opt for?

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:01 AM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Which power supply did you opt for?

I don't use the Sennheiser poor wall transformer, that has only 0.5A of max current.

I use a stabilized DC power supply capable to put out 2A of current. It's a simple unit you can buy in electronics shop. But it brings out bass and dynamic a lot (at the level that it's the most dynamic headphone I've ever had).

bye
Andrew

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:16 AM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
I don't use the Sennheiser poor wall transformer, that has only 0.5A of max current.

I use a stabilized DC power supply capable to put out 2A of current. It's a simple unit you can buy in electronics shop. But it brings out bass and dynamic a lot (at the level that it's the most dynamic headphone I've ever had).

bye
Andrew

Yeah, I'm wondering which one you chose (brand, store you bought it from, etc). I'm intending to replace my wall wart, too, and want to know which one to pick.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #36 of 38
I think high end headphones will never go out of fashion. New statement products will come and go, rivalling or bettering the current or past cream of the crop, I am 100% sure about that. Take John Grado for instance: He obviously listens closely to his customers requests and most likely monitors our discussion boards as well. The HF-1 are obvious proof of that. He therefore KNOWS what kind of demand there would be for a new 800 $ studio reference monitor along the lines HP1000. Same goes for Sennheiser, despite being a much larger company. The recent reissue of the Daddy-O's will not have gone unnoticed to the Execs.

In the last few years, the iPod/iTunes scheme attracted tens of millions people to music listening and a few of them are bound to climb the ladder into highend territory. The industry is alive and kicking as interest in audio rises; after all we only have 5 senses to cater to.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Yeah, I'm wondering which one you chose (brand, store you bought it from, etc). I'm intending to replace my wall wart, too, and want to know which one to pick.

I bought the Senns from a friend that made the change. The brand it's an italian brand, but not for hi-fi, it's not "unique". It's a sort of electronic lab dc power supply (with "bananas" plug), you can find similar ones everywhere I think. And it's a good upgrade imho.

Andrew

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattigol
Take John Grado for instance: He obviously listens closely to his customers requests and most likely monitors our discussion boards as well. The HF-1 are obvious proof of that. He therefore KNOWS what kind of demand there would be for a new 800 $ studio reference monitor along the lines HP1000.

I really hope you are right about that last sentence.

If he can create a nice blend of HP-1000 and PS-1 then I would be in headphone harmony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back