HE1000V2 level or higher level headphones?
Feb 20, 2019 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lfsszd

Head-Fier
I bought many headphones, but I really don't listen to most of them very often because I keeping using he1000v2 which I feel is a lot better than 1k level headphone. I have heard utopia, ab-1266, and probably LCD 4 are the same level(of price), but are there more headphones to try that might amaze me?

Feb 27, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm in the same boat with you in terms of feeling that the HEKv2 is the ultimate experience for me so far.
I tried it at a meet an instantly knew that I would purchase one.

At the same meet the only other headphone that really wowed me was the Final Audio D8000. The sound signature is like that of the HEKv2 but everything feels more defined, tighter and clear. The only problems that I had with it was the circular ear-pads and the weight which was why I probably didn't buy it.

I found the Utopia fatiguing. The LCD-4 was probably the darkest, most superb bass-head headphone that I've ever tried -- even when compared with the TH-900. Then again, it was like putting on a military-issued helmet.

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 5
I bought many headphones, but I really don't listen to most of them very often because I keeping using he1000v2 which I feel is a lot better than 1k level headphone. I have heard utopia, ab-1266, and probably LCD 4 are the same level(of price), but are there more headphones to try that might amaze me?

Having experience with all of the above mentioned and lots of other headphones I still find the STAX 007 and 009 headphones to be some of the best overall TOTL headphones use out there - all factors considered.
They do not only provide great speed and detail, as well as a sound signature that is very pleasing, but also are very comfortable to wear and a joy to use... much in contrast to many of the other contestants, which - while sounding great - have often deficits in ergonomics etc., especially when used over a longer timeframe.
Stuff like uncomfortably heavy weight, weird and unstable fit, chunky cables, overly high clamping pressure, headbands that look like 10 years old after being used for 2 months and similar issues are still very much present among the current 2000$+ headphones unfortunately - those who tried a lot of them know what I mean :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back