HE-6 Loaner Program
Oct 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #692 of 903

Quote:
Will these more efficient HE-6 also be available at the Annual New York Fall Meet on Nov 20th in White Plains?

I would guess they will be released by then. That's 2 months from now and if Fang already has it working on normal headphone amps I would imagine they are pretty close to done.

Oct 3, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #693 of 903
They are. I just got back from Fang's house and have a pair in my possession. These are nothing like the prototypes. They are a slice of heaven.
They come with 4 pin single crystal cable with a Neutrik mid connector. You have a choice of using a supplied "Impedancer" box that has  single crystal cable with a 4 pin female Neutrik connector on one end and 4 banana plugs on the other side of the box or a 1/4" terminated cable.

Now here's the kicker. They sound much better than the prototypes, are lighter, and demand much less power. I have listened to them on my EF-5, my Raptor, and my Luxman P-1 and they are all loud and proud at 11:00. Head-Direct improved the efficiency ten-fold. You can use a speaker amp, or a headphone amp that has decent gain.

The Impedance has jumpers inside that comes with 24 or 50 ohm options to use if your amp is over 75 watts. I guess you need to do the math to suit you and your amps needs. However, these puppies no longer require a dedicated speaker amp. I will try my Dareds and Adcom tomorrow to see if they make a difference. If they sound better than what I'm hearing tonight, then some of my headphones will need a new loving home.

I will take pictures of everything and post them tomorrow. 

Last but not least, the cups no longer have the brown leather and they are finished in a beautiful duranodic-type finish akin to the HM-801's. They are pure class. The headband is still the same with brown padded leather.

They will be at RMAF and the November meet, but I'm pretty sure 20 are made already and they will be available very soon. Fang said he was going to be offering an introductory price.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #694 of 903
The west coast pair is on its way to me and I am simultaneously looking forward to it and wondering what the point is now 
blink.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #696 of 903

Quote:
The west coast pair is on its way to me and I am simultaneously looking forward to it and wondering what the point is now 
blink.gif

x2

Still, if Aaron is so completely bowled over, I can't help but begin explaining things to my wallet. Looking forward to impressions with the speaker amps.

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #698 of 903
Well that all sounds like very good news.  Can't wait for them to become available!

Oct 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #699 of 903

Quote:
blink.gif

I understand your point of view, but these are LCD-2 killers, and if the end justifies the means, then it is, what it is. These headphones have everything that an ortho should have.
Don't forget that the loaner units have been circulating for 3 months now, and the production units offer everything that we have been asking for. Take it for what it's worth.

Quote:
x2

Still, if Aaron is so completely bowled over, I can't help but begin explaining things to my wallet. Looking forward to impressions with the speaker amps.

These are the ones Maxvia. They have now taken over the 1st place position. They are magically delicious 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
I must say, I'm a bit disappointed these won't have leather-covered earcups anymore. Everything else sounds wonderful!

Muppetface, when you see these (when you see the pics you will see what I mean), you would care about the leather cups. They come in a duranodic finish that has a finish that is the same as the HM-801. The finish is astounding.
A true piece of art. They are finished like the Edition 8's and exude pure class. Also, all of my home amps power these effortlessly. Fang has listened to our complaints, re-arranged the magnets and the output is incredible.
I will take pics today (even though it is cloudy out) and you will see what I mean.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #702 of 903

Quote:
     Quote:
Muppetface, when you see these (when you see the pics you will see what I mean, you would care about the leather cups. They come in a duranodic finish that has a metallic flake finish that is the same as the HM-801. The finish is astounding.
A true piece of art. They are finished like the UE 8's and exude pure class. Also, all of my home amps power these effortlessly. Fang has listened to our complaints, re-arranged the magnets and the output is incredible.
I will take pics today (even though it is cloudy out) and you will see what I mean.

I happen to have a leather fetish, but the way you describe it does sound really nice. I can't wait to see the pictures! Either way, I'm pretty sold on these now that they're easier to drive.

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #703 of 903
Do I remember correctly that there will be special pricing for folks who already own the HE-5LE's?

Oct 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #704 of 903

Quote:

I happen to have a leather fetish, but the way you describe it does sound really nice. I can't wait to see the pictures! Either way, I'm pretty sold on these now that they're easier to drive.

Didn't I mention. You get a nice leather whip with every purchase 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
Do I remember correctly that there will be special pricing for folks who already own the HE-5LE's?

Have to ask Fang. He told me that he can make as many as people place orders for. If you find out, please report back to the group.

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #705 of 903
So these crystal cables you were mentioning, these are significantly better than the cable it came with before? I know most of the reviewers commented negatively about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back