HE-6 Loaner Program
Sep 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #571 of 903

Quote:
Thank you kind sir!

To help get this thread back on track, I am really excited to hear yours, Ross' and Frank's impressions on your mini-meet between the LCD-2, HE6, HD800, T1, D7000, etc...

Indeed!!!  Also looking forward to those impressions.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #572 of 903
I just hope my job doesn't have an emergency call, and ruin it for me.

Sep 15, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #573 of 903

Quote:
I just hope my job doesn't have an emergency call, and ruin it for me.

You'll just have to re-prioritize!
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 7:25 AM Post #574 of 903
The HE6 are here. I hooked them up yesterday to the Outlaw 2150RR and the 100W is playing and driving them well. I will listening today as I wait for the LCD2. Couple things it has plenty bass more than the T1 and highs are very nice and extended. Forward soundstage. More in my impression on Monday or Tuesday.

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #575 of 903
Officially ignored the first person on a forum ever. Neptius please do those who don't have you ignored a favor and speak only of the HE-6 and leave amps out of the discussion. Your interruption of a good loaner program experience is most unwelcome.

On topic, still can't wait for my go at these cans. Looking to be about a month 'til then.

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #576 of 903

Ahhh, did the same thing...thread is refreshingly clean now
wink.gif

Quote:
Officially ignored the first person on a forum ever. Neptius please do the who don't have you ignored a favor and speak only of the HE-6 and leave amps out of the discussion. Your interruption of a good loaner program experience is most unwelcome.

On topic, still can't wait for my go at these cans. Looking to be about a month 'til then.

Sep 16, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #577 of 903

Quote:
Officially ignored the first person on a forum ever. Neptius please do the who don't have you ignored a favor and speak only of the HE-6 and leave amps out of the discussion. Your interruption of a good loaner program experience is most unwelcome.

Quote:
Ahhh, did the same thing...thread is refreshingly clean now
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" />

And thank you gentlemen for not "quoting" said member as I too have him on my ignore list. By doing that, then I can see his posts and a loophole in the ignore system.
smile.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #578 of 903

Quote:
I have my question - have somebody info about the difference between prototype device used for loaner program and final version? How they differ in technical properties or sound characteristics? Thanks for all your info.

Well that part I understood at least; and that is the $1,000 dollar question. IMO this is a bit of a strange prototype loaner program as the final version will be different, I wonder if that will lead to a second loaner program
wink.gif

Edit: I didn't notice the posts in between until after I quoted, but language barriers aside neptius seems passionate about good sound, I just haven't a clue as to what he is talking about for the most part
confused.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #579 of 903
Grokit- Price is very important topic because everybody need earn money to be able purchase them but I am more interested on technical specification or sound characteristics. Have you some info about it? Thanks.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #580 of 903
Yeah, this actually bugs me a little bit too about this loaner program.  I mean, why didn't Fang just wait till he was done with the HE-6 before starting this program and letting people give their impressions on the headphones.  I feel that the fact we are listening to prototypes our opinions useless considering the amplification needs will change as well as other tweaks.  Let me guess...the final production version will only have the positives mentioned in the reviews and none of the negative criticisms brought up by people
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Well that part I understood at least; and that is the $1,000 dollar question. IMO this is a bit of a strange prototype loaner program as the final version will be different, I wonder if that will lead to a second loaner program
wink.gif

Edit: I didn't notice the posts in between until after I quoted, but language barriers aside neptius seems passionate about good sound, I just haven't a clue as to what he is talking about for the most part
confused.gif

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #581 of 903
I took advantage of the opportunity to participate in this voluntary "Beta" test program to listen to another high-quality, albeit, not yet finalized pair of headphones.  I am quite positive Fang has a reason for doing this.  I'm not sure it is worth speculating on what feedback will or could be incorporated into the final design because in the end, inevitably some compromises will have to be made.

Regardless whether or not I would end up purchasing the finished product, I must give credit to Fang for trying to involve the help of this community and build a better product.  I'm not sure how big his operation is, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the resources of large established companies to do all this testing in-house, especially given the variety of equipment out there.

Just my 2 cents.

Sep 16, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #582 of 903
I have made it abundantly clear to nepitius, that if he even sneezes the word "Casea" in any more of his posts, that he will be taking a vacation. If anyone spots this in another thread, please PM me with a link. There's no reason in an information sharing forum that someone would have to use the "ignore" feature. Language barrier aside (nepitius speaks better English than we speak Czech)
my message was clear as an Ikea universal assembly instruction sheet. 
deadhorse.gif

Thanks.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #583 of 903

Quote:
I took advantage of the opportunity to participate in this voluntary "Beta" test program to listen to another high-quality, albeit, not yet finalized pair of headphones.  I am quite positive Fang has a reason for doing this.  I'm not sure it is worth speculating on what feedback will or could be incorporated into the final design because in the end, inevitably some compromises will have to be made.

Regardless whether or not I would end up purchasing the finished product, I must give credit to Fang for trying to involve the help of this community and build a better product.  I'm not sure how big his operation is, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the resources of large established companies to do all this testing in-house, especially given the variety of equipment out there.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, this could be the reason he wanted our feedback and impressions, so our preferences could be known to him, and adjustments could be made before going into final production. I think that this is a very clever way to go about things, and I am sure that whatever adjustments will be made to the next prototype or final version or whatever will be positive and beneficial. OTOH, it would be hard to place a pre-order for a final production version of a headphone that is not the same as the prototype we have demo'd, so it's kind of a conundrum IMO.

Sep 16, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #584 of 903

Yeah, this actually bugs me a little bit too about this loaner program.  I mean, why didn't Fang just wait till he was done with the HE-6 before starting this program and letting people give their impressions on the headphones.  I feel that the fact we are listening to prototypes our opinions useless considering the amplification needs will change as well as other tweaks.  Let me guess...the final production version will only have the positives mentioned in the reviews and none of the negative criticisms brought up by people
wink_face.gif

Fang made changes based on the criticism in the loaner program, trying to make it better. I think we should all appreciate that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back